Below what odds is a greyhound almost certain to be the favourite?

We've gone to the dogs.
Fugazi

Bit of a strange question, but anyway.

In a race with 6 greyhounds, what odds at BSP would you expect that the dog is the favourite in the betting market 99 percent of the time (ignoring some strange freak event)

I think it's probably around 3.2 - 3.4?
ODPaul82

lowest BSP for each UK only dog race for 2024 so far
GH Min Odds 2024.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fugazi

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:15 pm
lowest BSP for each UK only dog race for 2024 so far

GH Min Odds 2024.PNG
That's cool must have been a 2 dog race at the end of that graph! - though it doesn't tell me if there was a dog at 3.1 when the favourite was 2.1 for example.

Basically Im setting up an automation that lays the favourite when the favourite is NOT dog x

So the way I was going to do it was lay at BSP when the price 30 seconds before the off is less than 3.0 AND the dog is not trap x , for example

Then have iterations of that automation for all the traps, depending what dog im avoiding laying as favourite.

I think the alternative method is via spreadsheets but haven't got round to learning that yet so this will be my workaround
ODPaul82

Sorry I included less than 6 runners, updated graph here which doesn't deviate far from the original.
The super low price was an OR grade race @ Perry Bar
GH Min Odds 2024 v2.PNG
perry barr.PNG
Excel or a DB you can play with it to your hearts desire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm

In a race with 6 greyhounds, what odds at BSP would you expect that the dog is the favourite in the betting market 99 percent of the time (ignoring some strange freak event)

Without looking at data, I think it would be much lower than 3.2. It isnt strange to see events with the top two at say 2.5
Fugazi

Anbell wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm

Without looking at data, I think it would be much lower than 3.2. It isnt strange to see events with the top two at say 2.5
Yeah that makes sense actually

Realised ive over complicated this anyway - all I need to do is select position : favourite 1

And then condition: not trap x

😅

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”