How to set up automation rules in Bet Angel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
BradleyBaker

I recentlytunnel rush switched from match betting to using Bet Angel and am trying to automate my betting process in-game. I tried a 'lay' bet on the horses at odds of 100/1 and $2 to make a profit of $2 before the race started. However, I would like to improve this strategy by automating it and having it run as close to the end of the race as possible. How can I do this? Can anyone guide me through setting up automation rules in Bet Angel?

Additionally, I'm also having problems using the price scale to place a 'lay' bet before the race at odds 5 and then a 'back' bet at odds 15 during the game, but I always just draw capital. I see there is profit in blue under the horse's name and 00.00 in blue next to the other horses. I have it set to 'greening', but it seems like I'm missing out on something. Could it be because of Betfair's commission that I'm just breaking even? Any guidance would be very helpful!
Dallas

This will get you started with automation
viewtopic.php?t=11396

How to enable greening on each screen (you'll just be closing the trade and leaving the profit on one runner at the moment, Betfair commission is only applicable to your winnings on a market, this is usually 2% so if you make a profit you only pay 2% on that so can't ever breakeven or be in a losing situation after its taken)
viewtopic.php?t=11572
jimibt

BradleyBaker wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am
I recentlytunnel rush switched from match betting to using Bet Angel and am trying to automate my betting process in-game. I tried a 'lay' bet on the horses at odds of 100/1 and $2 to make a profit of $2 before the race started. However, I would like to improve this strategy by automating it and having it run as close to the end of the race as possible. How can I do this? Can anyone guide me through setting up automation rules in Bet Angel?
Hi bradley -welcome to BA!! I'm certain you'll glean lots of valuable information here. Just wanted to make sure that you were aware that laying a runner at odds of 100 would mean that you'd have a liability of @$198 for your expected $2 profit if the runner lost. If it went on to win the race, you'd have lost $198. I'm sure you knew this, but just pointing out the perils of laying at higher odds.
jamesedwards

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 am
BradleyBaker wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am
Hi bradley -welcome to BA!! I'm certain you'll glean lots of valuable information here. Just wanted to make sure that you were aware that laying a runner at odds of 100 would mean that you'd have a liability of @$198 for your expected $2 profit if the runner lost. If it went on to win the race, you'd have lost $198. I'm sure you knew this, but just pointing out the perils of laying at higher odds.
Concur with this. Laying and backing at extreme odds is NOT a get rich quick scheme unless you really know what you are doing. If you blindly lay everything at 100 you will get picked off and will lose money in the long run. The winner of the 1st race at Perth just now hit odds of 500 in running.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”