Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

eve 2 liv 0. game and league over.
Where did everton get this performance from? What a bunch of cynical wasters!
Loaf around at the bottom of the league then turn it on when you feel like it!
But there it is. LFC not good enough to match them.
Euler

Massive win for Everton
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm
Huge for Everton, first 10mins said it all where this game was going, they were a steal around 8s

Glad it's over with finally, was going nowhere really, their finishing has become beyond comical (Salah especially, wow!)

Klopp's face gave it away weeks ago really, he never believed past a certain point after Utd and is just going through the motions at this point, the guy is all emotion and cannot hide any of it and the players know it
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm
Huge for Everton, first 10mins said it all where this game was going, they were a steal around 8s

Glad it's over with finally, was going nowhere really, their finishing has become beyond comical (Salah especially, wow!)

Klopp's face gave it away weeks ago really, he never believed past a certain point after Utd and is just going through the motions at this point, the guy is all emotion and cannot hide any of it and the players know it
I've noted Klopp looks a whole lot healthier and relaxed. Perhaps I still underestimate how important the top managers are and how much they invest emotionally.
A few weeks ago he looked knackered. He's made the right decision for him I think.
And thanks Jurgen. It's been a great journey.
greenmark

Sturridge on Sky "Let's not get outfought today". Like you played like that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
weemac

Atalanta's second goal - a right cracker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 pm
I've noted Klopp looks a whole lot healthier and relaxed.
Maybe if you catch a glimpse of him on the sideline smiling at the finishing etc but to me looks completely spent overall, like he cannot wait for the season to end

I think he himself wasn't able to sustain the title etc charge, the unescapable overriding sadness on his face is the exact same overriding sadness you see in players performances last few weeks

You can put the pressure and blame on the players and can call them depressed because he's leaving, but the energy and belief all stems from the manager in their case and always has, if he taps out the players' heads are gone as well, they're the most disappointing part for me, you can fall short no problem, but not like this without even throwing a punch
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Maybe if you catch a glimpse of him on the sideline smiling at the finishing etc but to me looks completely spent overall, like he cannot wait for the season to end

I think he himself wasn't able to sustain the title etc charge, the unescapable overriding sadness on his face is the exact same overriding sadness you see in players performances last few weeks

You can put the pressure and blame on the players and can call them depressed because he's leaving, but the energy and belief all stems from the manager in their case and always has, if he taps out the players' heads are gone as well, they're the most disappointing part for me, you can fall short no problem, but not like this without even throwing a punch
You may be right. Tonight's interview he looked less healthy and more gaunt. I hope there's nothing in that other than losing a game,
andy28

As a neutral I had a nibble on Everton at 8, I read on the forums about motivation and from what I could see Everton would have had that in Spades. Surely their goal is to avoid relegation and they got the first leg of the double beating Forrest, so today they had a free hit, what did they have to loose, their home form is ok so that would add to confidence, but if they lost today everyone would have said no surprises there. Plus surely they would have thought Liverpool is out of form so todays the best chance they are going to get for a while. But....

If they win they will almost certainly avoid relegation

If they win then they get to give the Finger to all the nay sayers

If they win they get to give the Finger to the FA for taking 6pts from them

If they win they win the biggest Derby in the EPL

But best of all if they win they get to shaft Liverpools hopes of the EPL title

Was still a big ask but I think they had a lot of motivation to win this against an out of form Liverpool, that's just my take on it
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 pm
Kai wrote:
greenmark wrote:

You may be right. Tonight's interview he looked less healthy and more gaunt. I hope there's nothing in that other than losing a game,
Of course it was more than just losing a game, it meant losing the title and the last opportunity for a proper goodbye, it literally marked the end of a beautiful era, and all at the hands of your bitterest rivals

You saw what happens when you linger around too long, like in Wenger's case
Kai

andy28 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:40 pm
As a neutral I had a nibble on Everton at 8, I read on the forums about motivation and from what I could see Everton would have had that in Spades. Surely their goal is to avoid relegation and they got the first leg of the double beating Forrest, so today they had a free hit, what did they have to loose, their home form is ok so that would add to confidence, but if they lost today everyone would have said no surprises there. Plus surely they would have thought Liverpool is out of form so todays the best chance they are going to get for a while. But....

If they win they will almost certainly avoid relegation

If they win then they get to give the Finger to all the nay sayers

If they win they get to give the Finger to the FA for taking 6pts from them

If they win they win the biggest Derby in the EPL

But best of all if they win they get to shaft Liverpools hopes of the EPL title

Was still a big ask but I think they had a lot of motivation to win this against an out of form Liverpool, that's just my take on it
Well done Andy, you keep trading what you see
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 am
greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 pm
Kai wrote:

Of course it was more than just losing a game, it meant losing the title and the last opportunity for a proper goodbye, it literally marked the end of a beautiful era, and all at the hands of your bitterest rivals

You saw what happens when you linger around too long, like in Wenger's case
Whether Klopp goes out with a deserved finale, his tenure has still been a lot of fun and given LFC back some dignity. Rodgers I think loosened the lid and nearly got the main prize, but Klopp has been great.
And you can't ever forget (as an LFC fan) Benitez fashioning a major trophy.
The big mystery in footy is United. Ten Hag is clearly not a bad manager, he just has a useless bunch of players that he doesn't want and they won't play for him. Given that, this season is a success, I guess.
Kai

Not sure what ten Hag's been smoking recently but he's in self-preservation mode, they can't possibly consider this season a success, they're well off CL places and the cup final should be a slow methodical death by football, while Klopp needs to rally his troops and secure CL now

Don't know enough about Arne Slot to feel enthusiastic and I'm not going to invest into finding everything out without the official lean but the key appointment for me was Michael Edwards, although Slot is 10 years younger than ten Hag so his ceiling is still unknown, what I do know is he perfectly fits the existing model on the 3 key metrics:
  • another miracle worker (like JK)
  • playing style and footballing philosophy (so no disruptions to the excellent academy setup)
  • charismatic and a great motivator
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 pm
Not sure what ten Hag's been smoking recently but he's in self-preservation mode, they can't possibly consider this season a success, they're well off CL places and the cup final should be a slow methodical death by football, while Klopp needs to rally his troops and secure CL now

Don't know enough about Arne Slot to feel enthusiastic and I'm not going to invest into finding everything out without the official lean but the key appointment for me was Michael Edwards, although Slot is 10 years younger than ten Hag so his ceiling is still unknown, what I do know is he perfectly fits the existing model on the 3 key metrics:
  • another miracle worker (like JK)
  • playing style and footballing philosophy (so no disruptions to the excellent academy setup)
  • charismatic and a great motivator
But the team he may inherit have gone ferral. They clearly don''t care about the manager, club or fans.
Euler

I was convinced they would win the Europa league and go out in style. But the wheels seem to have come off a bit. Everton wanted it more than Liverpool last night.

Return to “Football trading”