Betfair Trading Community

A place to discuss anything.
jkminor1000

Anyone subscriber to the software on here. I usually don't go for these gimics but I actually trialled this one for the last month, and to be fair, its very useful for research and analysis. the filtering system is excellent. But holy moly its some price, £600 a year subscription!

I mainly just trade O/U 1.5 and correct score so I'd only ever use about 5% of what it offers, so I could never justify it, but I'm curious if anyone has.
Hepburn

I think I read some stuff on here a while ago about that community being dodgy. Or I read it somewhere.
jkminor1000

Yes I've never come across them until recently, I generally just ignore any analysis software, as the majority of what you want is out there for free. But it was the cost of this one that got my curiosity. Like £600 a year is insane money for what is effectively as analysis tool.
Euler

jkminor1000 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 pm
Yes I've never come across them until recently, I generally just ignore any analysis software, as the majority of what you want is out there for free. But it was the cost of this one that got my curiosity. Like £600 a year is insane money for what is effectively as analysis tool.
I'm not familiar with the offering, but when it comes to data there are two important things to know: -

Historic data tends to lead to overfitting. You need to model rather than back test. Most data based tools just look for patterns in their data set and suffer from statistical dejv vu.

Most data is available for free from somewhere.
StellaBot

Return to “General discussion”