Request for Assistance: Bet Angel/Betfair Technical Issue

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lotora

Hey, Bet Angel Support,

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding a technical issue I have encountered with Betfair. Recently, I was informed by Betfair via chat that I had lost $323 on a single horse race. This loss is perplexing and concerning as it exceeds my maximum exposure limit, which is only a fraction of that amount.

Additionally, my Betfair profit and loss statement has not been updated for the past two hours, and my Bet Angel log is completely blank. Furthermore, I have no information about which horse race this pertains to since it is not recorded in my log. This indicates a possible technical glitch. I firmly believe this issue is not related to my trading activities but rather a system error.

It is also important to note that my betting is 100% automated, making it theoretically impossible for me to lose such an amount. Moreover, I have never before experienced an empty log, which suggests that this issue might be related to the latest update of the Bet Angel software. Additionally, I do not use the "Export reports on market closure" feature, so I am unsure how I can find any information about my trading on this horse race.

I am currently awaiting further information from Betfair regarding the trades in question for this particular horse race. In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this matter and assisting me in getting the money refunded.

Now my 'Betting Profit & Loss' has finally been settled, and I discovered that it all stemmed from a single greyhound race. Please check the two files attached file for details. I have never traded this race with such high stakes. So how do I get back the money? The Betfair representative had never heard about Bet Angel.

In the bot attached, I've made some "meaningless" changes to protect my secrets :-)

Latest edit: What I find alarming is that the bot placed back bets at odds far below the limits set in the conditions.

Thank you for your attention and support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lotora on Wed May 22, 2024 2:48 am, edited 19 times in total.
sionascaig

lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:53 am

Additionally, my Betfair profit and loss statement has not been updated for the past two hours......
Me to... but looks like a BF issue rather than BA one...
jimibt

lotora wrote:
Hey, Bet Angel Support,

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding a technical issue I have encountered with Betfair. Recently, I was informed by Betfair via chat that I had lost $340 on a single horse race. This loss is perplexing and concerning as it exceeds my maximum exposure limit, which is only a fraction of that amount.

Additionally, my Betfair profit and loss statement has not been updated for the past two hours, and my Bet Angel log is completely blank. Furthermore, I have no information about which horse race this pertains to since it is not recorded in my log. This indicates a possible technical glitch. I firmly believe this issue is not related to my trading activities but rather a system error.

It is also important to note that my betting is 100% automated, making it theoretically impossible for me to lose such an amount.

I am currently awaiting further information from Betfair regarding the trades in question for this particular horse race. In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this matter and assisting me in getting the money refunded.

argh -sounds nasty!!

have you checked on your Betfair account. There is an element called Exposure Limit. This may help explain how a bet could be placed outside of your positive funds.

Re BetAngel being able to assist. I actually think that due to security etc, even they would not be able to raise this with Betfair as this is a private matter (hope this doesn't sound like me pouring cold water on your request - it's just unfortunately the situation with private accounts).

I hope you get to the bottom of this....
Euler

When I went to check todays markets I noticed Bet Angel was returning an API error, as though the API had been offline for a short period. Wonder if that's related.
lotora

Euler wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:11 pm
When I went to check todays markets I noticed Bet Angel was returning an API error, as though the API had been offline for a short period. Wonder if that's related.
Was down from about 06:00 to 07:40
lotora

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:59 am
lotora wrote:
Hey, Bet Angel Support,

I am writing to seek your assistance regarding a technical issue I have encountered with Betfair. Recently, I was informed by Betfair via chat that I had lost $340 on a single horse race. This loss is perplexing and concerning as it exceeds my maximum exposure limit, which is only a fraction of that amount.

It is also important to note that my betting is 100% automated, making it theoretically impossible for me to lose such an amount.

argh -sounds nasty!!

have you checked on your Betfair account. There is an element called Exposure Limit. This may help explain how a bet could be placed outside of your positive funds.

Re BetAngel being able to assist. I actually think that due to security etc, even they would not be able to raise this with Betfair as this is a private matter (hope this doesn't sound like me pouring cold water on your request - it's just unfortunately the situation with private accounts).

I hope you get to the bottom of this....
That's limit is much higher, but if you can't trust the exposure limit from Bet Angel, it becomes quite concerning.
Derek27

Andy posted on the Aussie thread that there was planned maintenance early this morning, or perhaps there were issues following the work.
napshnap

Seems like bf's betting activity report system was working (you could send api reauests and receive responses) but didnt show any setteled bets for a while. Looks ok now.
lotora

I have not changed any settings since upgrading to the new beta version, so why is my Bet Angel log totally empty? And how can I demonstrate to Betfair that I have never traded that greyhound race with such high stakes? @Euler, @Dallas @Bet Angel
Euler

If you raise a ticket with BDP at Betfair, they can tell you how the bet was placed. Worth checking that.
lotora

Euler wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 pm
If you raise a ticket with BDP at Betfair, they can tell you how the bet was placed. Worth checking that.
Thanks, will do that now. You can clearly see that the first attachment Betfair sent me is different from what is shown in 'Profit and Loss.' This discrepancy may be enough to indicate that something is off.
lotora

Euler wrote:
1. Do you have any idea why my Bet Angel log is completely empty?
2. Is there any method to extract my trades from this single greyhound race, given that I have not used the "Export reports on market closure" feature?
jamesedwards

Betfair was down for planned maintenance between 6am and 8am (british summer time) this morning.

It's only a guess, but perhaps the Betfair API was not returning correct info data to Bet Angel at the exact time that it was placing bets, and if your rules rely on volume/value of bets placed then it's possible Bet Angel kept firing. If Betfair API doesn't tell BA that bets are placed then BA will, of course, act as if they don't exist.

A similar thing happened to me once when someone switched off my internet briefly in the middle of a trade. It's best to add conditions to rules that protect from these rare events. It's also a good idea to switch off automation during periods of planned Betfair maintenance. Also if you want to limit your exposure you should reduce the exposure limit with Betfair themselves in addition to anything you have set in BA.
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 pm
Euler wrote:
2. Is there any method to extract my trades from this single greyhound race, given that I have not used the "Export reports on market closure" feature?
Have you checked the relevant file in this folder?

C:\Users\YOURPCUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\MarketReports
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:42 pm
lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 pm
Euler wrote:
Have you checked the relevant file in this folder?

C:\Users\YOURPCUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\MarketReports
I'm using Bet Angel VPS. Couldn't find it

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”