AVB

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dabbla

Betdaq have a market for the next chelsea manager.
Only £4 match on it.
LeTiss

Capello is almost certainly a no. He didn't seem to embrace English football, and his hard line approach to the FA getting involved with team affairs won't wash with Roman

Benitez had a nightmare at Inter, but unlike Capello, he fell in love with English football. 2 things which may put Rafa in with a chance
1) He won Liverpool the CL. He didn't win the PL, but Abramovich wants the CL desperately. This is why he hired Mourinho and Ancelotti, as they had succeeded elsewhere.
2) Torres was an Abramovich signing, a bloody expensive one at £50M. He's been a flop, but Benitez got pure gold out of Torres. They struck up a great relationship, so perhaps Abramovich might see Rafa as the man to inspire Torres

I wouldn't rule Mourinho out. He's made it clear he wants to return to England, he's said so in interviews. I think he will definitely leave Real Madrid this summer. Something tells me he still has a deep love for Chelsea, and sees them as some kind of spiritual home. I think his failure to deliver the top prize there possibly drives him to finish unfinished business, and Abramovich probably regrets sacking him. He would relish the opportunity to overhaul the Manchester clubs, but not being in next season's CL might put him off, so Chelsea may need to grab 4th place to get him

Rumours in Spain suggest Guardiola might be up for a new challenge. He reached the pinnacle of success at Barca, whilst playing amazing football. However, their team is ageing and they need to slowly rebuild. They've fallen away slightly this season, as Real are cantering to the title. Guardiola is another one who has expressed his admiration for the PL, speaks excellent English, and is right up Abramovich's street. It's still a longish shot, but don't rule him out

Di Matteo is an interesting one. He's well loved at Chelsea, and proved himself a good manager at MK Dons & West Brom. Chelsea need 4th place, so to give Di Matteo the job until the end of the season shows Abramovich rates him, he has faith in him to do it. If he does, he must be in with a massive shout of keeping the job.

A live outsider could be another Chelsea old boy, Gus Poyet. However, he's not managed in the CL or PL, so that would be a bigger surprise than Di Matteo.
Iron

Betfair have informed me that:

'Given that Chelsea FC have already announced together with the departure of Andre Villa-Boas as manager, that Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed as “first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season”, we do not at this stage plan to load a “next Chelsea manager” market.'

That's an odd decision, given that it's far from certain that Di Matteo will continue as manager at the end of the season...

Jeff
enzabella2009

As for Guardiola, he is coming near where I live once every 2 months. He has already an offer on the table for 20M a season from Moratti which is the owner of Inter-Milan. The sucking of AVB may change Moratti mind to sign a cheaper option as Inter Milan is not likely to qualify for the Champions league next season.
As for Capello, He did not fail as coach. He achieved the best England record and made England qualify for 2 consecutive competitions. No offence, it`s the most price England can get for their fans and for the economy.
As for Mourinho, I agree with Let4ti. He is fed up. He can`t wait to leave Spain.
As for Benitez, he is a dangerous one. His spending @ Liverpool were just waste after waste and almost bankrupted the club. Am I wrong?. He only won the champions league by a miracle and that was it.
mister man

i agree the "sucking" of avb may change avb's mind and is a traditional and effective tactic employed by moratti.
CaerMyrddin

I honestly can't see Mourinho forgeting what how he was sacked by Abramovich. As I understand he and Fergie have a good relationship and maybe the veteran manager would be keen to step down if the special one took over?

Return to “Football trading”