telling of a nightmare: Panathinaikos v olimpiakos

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
corbus

Sunday afernoon such game was scheduled at 17:30, all events were loaded in Guardian since morning, so I was observing the odds towards the end of the match...
the time at the bottom sayd 1:40 (i.e. 5 minutes to the end + a bit of extra time). I noticed that the odds for U/O 3.5 were extremely good for that situation.... I checked the time, the score, over and over again, but couldn't see anything wrong, it was definitely odd but I decided to place €800 on the Under 3.5... (at the very most ten minutes to play and 3 goals to be scored for me to lose...) Time went by 1:50, 1:55, 1:58... at 2:00 I started worrying, at 2:10 I was wild... also because they had scored a goal and odds had drifted.. I decided to look for that game in Betfair and to my complete astonishment I saw that the game was exactly one hour behind the time showed by Bet Angel.... I decided to lose some money and get out of the situation fast, but I left 200 on the 4.5 which were at 1.01 anyway..
an incredible thing to happen though...
The game was suspended at the time that seemed the end, and I GUESS it ended at the most with 2 goals scored.. but it has not been settled yet, I can't see anywhere what the final score is, and I'm worried about my 200 euros...
It is my opinion that the elapsed time in soccer is a vital factor which Bet Angel should treat with great concern... what about automation? Games often start late, even 1/2 an hour late, I've seen games starting BEFORE time. It's already difficult not to know the score, but if time is unreliable, I'd say automation with excel is impossible...
LeTiss

The match was abondoned with 7mins left due to crowd trouble

All your bets will be refunded
corbus

Yes LeTiss, thanks
I've been at Betfair's site and seen that my current exposure is 200 + my loss, so I guess they will refund it soon.
what must have happened with BA's elapsed time is that perhaps the game started and then stopped for an hour but the "In-play" field staid up and so the clock kept running... What I wish though is that BA will get the elapsed time from Betfair as a reliable piece of information which can be trusted any time one connects, and not a feeble calculation which can lead to great mishaps...
CaerMyrddin

I checked the time, the score, over and over again, but couldn't see anything wrong
This is why won't trade if I can't see the game anymore. If you think about it, you simply shouldn't. I can tell you about 5 situations where you are doomed if you aren't seing the match. You got lucky there ;)
convoysur-2

hello people
dont ever trust the betfair site for scores,ive phoned them twice this month giving out about them displaying in correct scores,
they say they dont they dont hold themselfs responsable because scores are supplied by a third party,
i asked them how they could not accept responsability for this with the resourses and technolagy they have access to.i said i cant believe that u said that to me ,dont u realise that u look like a bunch of incompatent fools ??
he replied ,,i agree with you sir, enough said im sure u get the picture,i replied no i dont ,that dosnt work half the time either,,!!!!
marc

Return to “Football trading”