Europa league 2011/12

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
enzabella2009

Lagos wrote:For me that was an obviuos chance to have a bet to nothing. Sporting dont have a player who would get near the City first team and once they got one the pressure was sure to be on. Theirfake injuries and time wasting showed they knew they were struggling even with two goals needed.
Great sport anyway and very close with the last touch of the match.
If Man City had sporting lisbon players in the first team they would be playing the europe league quarter final. This year was a total failure for english clubs. If Abramovich had not the guts to dismiss AVB at such delicate time, England would have had zero teams out of 8 playing the quarter final. As for Man City they lost on all fronts where it was also the favorite. If the `embarrassing defeat against swansea will be costly for the final victory in the premier league I would not like find my self in the fans shoes which have been given too much expectations by the Arabs money.
CaerMyrddin

Quite impressive the spanish armada in the european competitions. Curiously, when asked Benfica manager said he'd rather play Chelsea in the quarter final than any other side...
hgodden

I have to say Bilbao were fantastic yesterday, a real joy to watch.

It's a shame these days promising young teams can't be left to grow and become really great teams without speculation over whether such and such a player will be moving for whatever inflated price to whatever big (or oil rich) club. Great teams of the past like Benfica of the 60s or Ajax of the 70s wouldn't have the chance to become great these days
CaerMyrddin

Hey mate, I understand your point, but you are missing the simplest of facts. Benfica is the greatest. Period. ;)

More seriously though, I think it is still possible for a not so rich club to win a major trophy, but of course it will make its team to be almost all tranferred. Look at what happened to Porto after winning the CL. Chelsea alone took several players and the coach. Or Ajax dream team where Patrick Kluyvert played. I don't remember it correctly, but I think it was Barcelona then that performed the bleeding.

I think all football fans must have a place in their hearts for Athletic. They only have basque players in their squad, it makes you think...
enzabella2009

I am trading on Athletic Bilbao vs Sporting Lisbon, I am also watching the game...what a cracking game to watch...
Euler

I accidentally made a thumping profit when I forgot to close my pre-off position on the match. :oops:

Nice suprised when I came back to my desk, after a moment of panic!
Euler

enzabella2009 wrote:what a cracking game to watch...
Agree, we have been blessed this week.
CaerMyrddin

Never had a thumping profit accidentally, got to take some lessons :)

Well, regarding the match, it's being great. Now both teams have to score in order to go through, but maybe we'll see something like what happened yesterday. Athletic will have to close their defence at some point, because if they conceed there won't be much time left to recover. But right now Athletic have the upper hand, don't they?
Euler

Dramatic late goal, as a neutral a very entertaining match to watch. Sporting could still go through if they score. Bilbao will surely try to hold the ball and kill the game.
CaerMyrddin

It's going to be over as I write, I think Sporting was unlucky on when they conceed both goals, one in the end of the first half and the other late in the game.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:I accidentally made a thumping profit when I forgot to close my pre-off position on the match. :oops:

Nice suprised when I came back to my desk, after a moment of panic!
Haha, you make me laugh

I'm a great believer in making your own luck
CaerMyrddin

Got some trades filled on the Europa League winner market. I was monitoring my performance now and was taking down some figures and when I looked at the numbers, I felt something was wrong, as the winning amount I got was much less than I remembered it to be.

Checked the market details to find out I paid a net comission of 32.58%.

The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that I'm paying all the comission on this market now (had other trades that had been paid already). Is this it?
LeTiss

I had a similar situation last season with CL outright. As teams were eliminated BF paid out as the tournament progressed, but when the final was settled it just didn't seem right. I questioned them, but the responses were fairly dismissive, so I just gave up and moved on. When I looked at the backdated P+L, the overall returns were less than I expected, so this year I just refrained from getting involved in such markets
CaerMyrddin

Hi LeTiss, problem solved.

I didn't ask them, but checked all the payouts I had from this market end they were comission free. So the comission paied reflects my whole profits on this market. You can get involved again ;)

Return to “Football trading”