Losing favourites by days of the week

A place to discuss anything.
clawson

If i were to bias my 'lay the favourite' bets by days of the week, are there days that are more favourable than others? In essence do favourites consistently perform better on some days than others. So far I've come to the conclusion that I should avoid Saturdays but definitely go for Thurdays. Any opinions?
hgodden

You're unlikely to find any difference between any days. Check out a site that has stats on those sort of things. Adrianmassey.com used to, I'm not sure if it does now.
Seabird

I would have expected that the performance of favourites at particular courses and handicaps/non-handicaps would have more bearing than days of the week. You can get such information from the racingpost website.

Hope this helps.

Seabird
clawson

Oh well, there goes another theory! I've looked at the recommended Adrianmassey.com website (great resource) and it appears there are no real differences between the performances of favourites on different days of the week. Back to the drawing board.
Iron

Without wishing to neg you out, you won't find a way of beating the pre-off horse markets using a simple formula (despite what the Ebay sellers might tell you!). And even if you do discover an edge (for example, betting on particular trainers at particular tracks), how can you be sure that the market won't quickly catch on to that inefficiency, and eliminate it?

There are people who make a living from analysing horse form, ground conditions, etc, but they are extremely few and far between, and most are probably horse racing experts rather than system followers. I would say that your efforts are better focused on trading than betting. :)

Jeff
clawson wrote:Oh well, there goes another theory! I've looked at the recommended Adrianmassey.com website (great resource) and it appears there are no real differences between the performances of favourites on different days of the week. Back to the drawing board.

Return to “General discussion”