Scalping the serve

Boxy123

Hi all, hoping for some guidance here if possible.

I have recently started trading on tennis, and have had some ok results when scalping the serve, only to then lose it all when someone breaks serve!! :( :(

Is it basically a percentage game - whereby the serve will be succesful the majority of the time, so just keep going with it throughout the match?

Also, at what point do you close the trade? At 0-15 / 0-30 / 0-40?

Any help would be appreciated.
cloud88111

Hi Boxy,

Unfortunately the answer is a bit vague and I don't many people will say when the perfect time to close out is (mainly because each person will have a different answer and reason behind it).

Tennis trader is very useful with some nice indications of the likelihood of who will win the game for each potential score in that game and the odds that player would be. I might also research the amount of times a player comes back from 30-0 and 40-0 down on their serve to win the game. Also I would check each players break back ratio and see if you want that trade to ride on the next game. It's all about risk and how you best want to manage it.

I hope this can give you some insight in to how you should approach this.
Boxy123

Hi there, very useful....thanks for your response...it is appreciated.....
geochatz

Well I tried this technique. For the first 3 matches I won a lot of money. I was scalping the serve for both players and only for the first 5-6 games (so I hoped that the score should be 3-3 after 6 games).

The problem was that after the third match the players started to break serve! So I still use that technique but only for the player i believe that will win the game. So even if his opponent brake his serve I will wait until he equalize the score and the close the trade with a small profit (or a small loss).

Return to “Tennis Trading”