laying at 1.01

travel&bet

hello folks.Rolland Garros is already past and now the best Grand Slam tournament is coming.I have something in my mind about trading the matches.In the topic for Rolland Garros some of the members gave me some idea to lay all of the matches at 1.01 and wait for the suprise.According to my calculations 2 matches are enough to make profit from the whole tournament.I know that this is a lot of time spend in front of the PC but is it worth it?can somebody more experienced give me direction and advice,please.I watched the whole Rolland Garros and I'm sure that there were more than 2 players who lost,despite being 1.01
Iron

Travel&Bet - Whilst shock results happen all the time, IMHO laying the field isn't a sound strategy. Even if markets do hit 1.01 more often than is rational (and there is some evidence that they do), unless you are at the front of the queue there is nothing to say that you will be matched. So what you may well find is that the backers will gladly accept value from you, but aren't quite so keen when it comes to 1.01s that should be higher...

Jeff
LeTiss

Like many strategies that traders layed across the board, premium charge pretty much wiped most of them out.

I used to lay tennis players at 1.20, and it made me money. However, once I started paying 20% on my profits, the strategy became worthless
legendz

Allthough i agree with the points in the last 2 posts , if youve done your homework and there are enough short priced losers i dont see why it wouldn't work , like jeff said the key is getting at the front so you need to know when betfair introduce the market , also i think its popular because to test this out at minimum stakes is only a 2p liability per match, its somewhere to start at least with minimum risk.

Return to “Tennis Trading”