Laying the Draw question

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
lewcla

Hi All,

I've been trying a strategy on tonight's league cup matches (10 in total) and have a couple of questions with regard to the automation.

Much like Peter in one of his YouTube videos, I wish to lay the draw, say, 5 minutes from the off. I then wish to automatically green up once the odds go in my favour.

I believe I have created the relevent rules in Guardian, but have encountered some interesting results.

Currently, the green up command triggered only once, in three matches, where the odds naturally wobbled a tick or two over thus creating a minute profit.

In the games where a goal was scored, the green up rule didn't trigger, leaving me to manually green up across the board.

Would anybody have any idea:

1) How I can 'stop' Guardian from greening up 'immediately' (in order to take advantage of better odds), and

2) Why the green up trigger is not firing on other matches.

NB. Rules set up a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsxiE9dPHw
haichless

if you do not wait for at least 2 minutes before greening up, you will fall foul of the false odds merchants hoping to catch you (and bot users out).
You can set up a wait until X secs after suspension before bet/lay easily in automation to stop this happening.
CaerMyrddin

Those probably aren't false odds, the draw odds will rise after the off on many circumstances...

Maybe you should set a rule of a miminum % of profit?
lewcla

See what you mean - I'm going to use the Unsuspended Time condition on tonight's matches - cheers for that :)

More intrigued as to why it doesn't fire after a goal goes in....?

I've set the green up command to trigger 100 times every 60 seconds...?

Hey ho.
freddy

My advice to you with this strategy,

is to make sure you also keep a note of all the lay the 0-0 odds of the games you trade.

I have always found that it's very a inefficient Strategy and you would be better of laying 0-0 in the long run.

Return to “Football trading”