Independiente 0-1 Belgrano (Abandoned)

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
pdupre1961

Does anyone know what Betfair usually do regarding settling bets, when a match is abandoned.

The bets on the score above were settled at half time, but when they came out for the second half a fan threw a fire cracker that hit the goalkeeper, and the match was abandoned shortly after. The second half was yet to start...
LeTiss

Any market that was already determined will be settled, i.e. Half-Time results, Over 0.5 goals, but everything else usually has a 3 day window in case it's replayed. The remaining markets then get voided
pdupre1961

Thanks, much appreciated.

First time that a market I have actually had winning bets on has been abandoned.

I placed the back bet on a draw in Match Odds, before the kick off and the lay bets were matched in-play, will that make a difference to the outcome.
pdupre1961

What I mean is - am I likely to lose my back bet...if the match is not played within 3 days.
LeTiss

Yeah, they will be voided, due to that market not being completed. If you'd traded on HT result, that will be settled, but anything not completed will be voided
Consty1

I got involved in this match as well, I emailed Betfair and yes there's the 3 day rule that LeTiss has talked about. One of my bets was on the HT time market and that's showing on my account summary, the other bet was at FT and that's showing as my current exposure.

Return to “Football trading”