Offset bet - Batching

A place to discuss anything.
chaz

I am confused about Batching offset bets.

If I lay 200 pounds with 4 batching bets, I assumed BA would place 4 x 50 pound back bets when each has been matched. But BA places the whole 200 straight away.

I contacted support on another matter but they advised batching is not a drip feed and will not work if there is enough money in the market to take the bet.

Any advise on using batching please or is it not very useful ?

thanks in advance.
LeTiss

If you layed a selection at odds of 2.12 for £200, it will place the whole £200 in 1 hit

You will need to activate the command from the drop down box, so if you have offset bet with greening highlighted with a fill or kill delay too, plus offset ticks of 4, offset batches 4, BA will place £192.72 in 4 batches of £48.18 at 2.20 as your original lay bet gets taken. If the lay bet gets taken in 1 hit, so will the offset bet

The reason why it's useful is because some bets only get part matched, and also it puts some of your offset bet in the queue earlier than waiting for your whole lay bet to get matched
chaz

Thanks for your reply.

I just went into practice - still doesnt work for me.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

LeTiss 4pm wrote:BA will place £192.72 in 4 batches of £48.18 at 2.20 as your original lay bet gets taken
LeTiss is correct but to avoid confusion this only happens if there is less than the amount needed to match your bet. Otherwise it will get matched in one go or as much as it can in one go.

Batches is not a drip feed system.
chaz wrote:I just went into practice - still doesnt work for me.
What did it do compared to what you expected it to do?
chaz

thanks for your reply.

What did it do compared to what you expected it to do?
======================================================

I expected BA to split the offset bet but it placed it all in one bet.

In practiced I tried small stakes and big stakes in US racing, neither worked for me.

Grateful if you could try in practice - let me know the stake you used and how much money was in the market.
PeterLe

Chaz,
Try it in practice mode on one of the big football matches today..use a 4 figure sum and set batches to say 50..and you should see it in action
(maybe choose to lay the draw (out of the money) and watch it as it nibbles your stake)
A very useful tool esp on markets like this (can be used in Excel too)
Regards
Peter
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

chaz wrote:I expected BA to split the offset bet but it placed it all in one bet.
It is not a drip feed. It sounds like you want it to behave differently to what it is designed to do.

If you want to drip feed bets into the market then batching is not the tool.
chaz

Thanks for the replies, maybe the manual is misleading or I read what I wanted to read.

6thsense Could you advise how to dripfeed please?
I guess Excel with fill/kill or automation ?

Many thanks.

Return to “General discussion”