Been out the game a while, any changes?

A place to discuss anything.
rhysmr2

Hi all,

I've not traded for a while and don't intend to until around April, just wondered if there has been any changes? How are the markets feeling these days in comparison with a year ago? Premium charge at 100% yet? :)

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and have a good Christmas!
LeTiss

Alright Rhys, how's tricks?

It sounds like your missus and mortgage has installed some discipline into your betting/trading habits :D

Some lovely little extra BA features since you've been gone, but BF are causing me a little anxiety. God knows where they will be in 3 years time!
hgodden

Nothing much seems to have changed in the racing markets. No new threats from betfair or the levy etc.

No news is good news I guess 8-)
Yantraman

Hey Rhys how are the rigs? I dont think there has been any huge changes, I still use similar strategies. The bomber & his friends the mad layer and the flasher still appear from time to time. There have been some races with false volume in the market, which often gets pulled. I find trading the bigger races easier these days - but thats probably just practice.

There are plenty of opportunities still out there, if you want to ease yourself back into it, perhaps dont trade every race, be selective. Good luck!
rhysmr2

Hey, Thanks for the replies!

When I start getting back into it I'll let you know how it goes.

Yantraman, I'm not on the rigs. It was my intentions but I'll probably just go away contracting from time to time and trade while I'm back home.

Anyway Happy New Year, all the best for 2013.

Return to “General discussion”