Maintaining listing orders

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
GMBing

Hi you good folk

I use automated macros to collect, record and analysize data to monitor race key indicators - However quite often Betfair will change the listing order of runners mid countdown to event start which adds an extra degree of vigulance and hassle to analysing data - Is there anyway that once monitoring a race the listing order will remain static

Hope someone might have cracked it

Regards
G
nigelk

Init Run.zip
Attached workbook that copies the horse names to a sheet called called “worksheet” and also to a sheet called “data sheet”
Two formulas are then entered onto the worksheet , the first (in col B) checks to see if the horse still exists on the Bet Angel Sheet.
The second checks ( in this case), which column the horse is in on the data sheet.
You can then step through the names when recording your data and if a value in col B is zero, the horse has been removed, so skip the data capture for that horse.
If a horse has been moved on the Bet Angel sheet, say from row 9 to row 11, you know that it will still be in column 1 on the data sheet. So you can then say something like:

For x=2 to 12
ColNum=sheets(“Work Sheet”).cells(x,3)
RowNum=sheets(“Work Sheet”),cells(x,2)
If RowNum<>0 then
Sheets(“Data Sheet”).cells(???, Colnum)=Sheets(“Bet Angel”).cells(RowNum,7)
Next

If you move “Hi Troja” on the Bet Angel Sheet, and you’ll see that the new row number is picked up on the worksheet, but it still points to the correct column in which to put the data
If you are capturing in rows instead of columns then change to suit.

NOTE: REMOVE THE " Sheets("Data Sheet").Cells.Delete".IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE DATA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GMBing

Thank you for your most helpful reply - Ganna take me a while to get it all set up right but I,m heading the right direction now

Regards

G

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”