Queue jumping

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
CaerMyrddin

It's happened to me aswell, in situations where xm wouldn't trigger. I really can't explain it, but I remember I related an even stranger situation, where I was actually able to be first in one side of the queue although there was more than €40k in front of me, if I remember it correctly. Felt like printing money :lol:

Who wouldn't love to have such an advantage? And who monitors bf, are we reliant on their good will, or is there a third party that does this?

Maybe the queueing system on betfair has some kind of issue?
Boing

Maybe Betfair have just changed the XM without telling us? A slightly wider interpretation that catches more than just the book sliding above or below 100%?
LeTiss

I don't f***ing believe it, it's happening again!!

I'm currently laying Serena Williams at 1.05. The money matched suggests I should have been matched by now, but no, not a bloody penny. I think BF's queue procedure has changed, but I can't work out what it is right now
mcfc1981

record it
LeTiss

mcfc1981 wrote:record it
I'd just made up my mind to do just that. I'm going to record some of my trades over the next few days, highlight the money matched at the time of my trade, highlight how much my trade is for, then pinpoint when I should get matched. I think this will show just how uneven this playing field is
LinusP

Am I right in thinking that betfair will cross match without your money even hitting the market? Maybe this is why money is being recorded as being matched but yours isn't being taken...
Euler

The trouble with two runner markets is that cross matching is likely to kick in on most bets. So you money could be getting matched by somebody backing or laying either runner, in other words there are four ways to get matched as opposed to just the conventional way of getting matched. This is way a reliable queue indicator is impossible, you just don't know what is taking money from where at any point.
LeTiss

I accept that Peter, but I've been trading 2 runner markets for years. I know them very well and over recent months something has definitely changed with the way bets are being matched
Euler

I agree that something has changed, but it happened to be middle of last year for me. I'm happy to help try and isolate the exact 'what'. So if anybody can help indentify or replicate a pattern I can throw some effort at it.
Redhead

I can confirm this is still happening, I'm a tennis trader by profession and have dabbled with the horses this winter and this happens to me nearly every trade, I always seem to be at the back of the queue sometimes tens of thousands behind when only hundreds are in front of me.

Also I've been part matched say £75 of £200 then thousands are matched and my remaining £125 stays untouched and the price buggers off, it beggars belief it really does.

All in all its put me off the horses for life, its plain wrong and unethical, bring on the tennis season ffs....only 5 more days :) :) :)
steven1976

What i see is if bf or their market makers have the front position of the queue (even if a couple of quid), they can add money to that position and match against the new money they enter. If they dont have the front position they cant do it. Some markets its easy money to take off them! :lol:

I would be interested to see hear how you can confirm its happening?
Golfer

Can anyone show this happening in a non xm market?

Return to “Betfair exchange”