Breaking News BETFAIR Merging with Paddy Power

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Archangel

There will always be an exchange, the exchange is profitable, an exchange is necessary to the betting industry
Dallas

Wildly wrote: My view is with Andy, this is more likely positive for the Betfair exchange. You don't spend half your money to buy something to then destroy it unless you expect to get more than that in return. I'm sure PaddyPower don't expect all exchange users to be equivalent bookie users or to fail to realise there are other bookies.
They'll be buying the business for it's own worth and likely for it's improvement prospects as an exchange not as a bookmaker, they already have one of them.
As for the end of the PC, that will occur, at least for PaddyPower who will be able to use the exchange as a customer for net zero PC & commission. Likely result, more money through the exchange.
When you have a dominate business model in a market place (the bookie) and a new concept threatens to change the status quo (Exchange) if putting them out of buisness cant be achived merging or a buy out is the next option. This just is nt always done for the direct profits from that division just controling it can steer profits back to the original point.

How often have we heard the stories of Oil and Gas giants trying to stop clean energy even by buying up there technologys and smaller companies just to shelve it and control its market presence to keep there core buisness at the forefront?

There not going to eliminate the exchange but now both are under tradtional bookies control i can see many changes in the future which will alter the way we can trade them - think we can all agree from a traders point of view all the changes in the last few years have been for the worst with none for the better.

One things for sure there not going to pump up the exchanges in a effort to move there customers from there sports books
Euler

Thought I'd do a quick video to show Paddy Power customers how to find the exchange: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfb1XC8a-9c

:lol:
Archangel

You have to see the opportunity in everything Peter :lol:
Euler

I thought Breon would be delighted that I'm showing Paddy customers how to use the exchange, surely that's why Paddy are merging with Betfair ;)

No need to wait to join us, come over now and enjoy yourself!
Archangel

So would PP customers have Betfair accounts, or visa versa. Will they merge the two. will they just become the Paddy Power Exchange !
LeTiss

Don't confuse the Irish PW......they probably think the Exchange is a link to eBay
Kai

Lmao that's so cheeky Peter, but also opportunistic at the same time! I loled when you literally pointed out the Exchange button on the website.

You should make another video that explains the Exchange in much more detail, possibly with some green screens to catch the attention of regular PP mug punters, this vid is way too short.
Archangel

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Don't confuse the Irish PW......they probably think the Exchange is a link to eBay

Im Irish. Do u think i dont know what the exchange is or are you just retarded ?
LeTiss

Archangel wrote:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:Don't confuse the Irish PW......they probably think the Exchange is a link to eBay

Im Irish. Do u think i dont know what the exchange is or are you just retarded ?
It's just a joke, I'm taking the piss out of the old Irish stereotype jokes

That's the problem with wisecracks on the internet - people can't see your face or body language to know it was only lighthearted
Euler

Kai wrote:You should make another video that explains the Exchange in much more detail, possibly with some green screens to catch the attention of regular PP mug punters, this vid is way too short.
That's a good idea.
Dallas

Kai wrote:You should make another video that explains the Exchange in much more detail, possibly with some green screens to catch the attention of regular PP mug punters, this vid is way too short.
Might be worth including things that mug punts will understand like ways of exploting BOG and simple arbing for free bets - though it ll be intresting to see how PP treat customers who use there sports book and exchange this way when possible ;)
Last edited by Dallas on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Peter if you make a proper welcome video and post it on Twitter we can all retweet it with a PP hashtag for maximum visibility. :twisted:

You have 115k followers, if you ask nicely for a retweet I'm pretty sure you would get quite a few, maybe even Betfair or Paddy ends up retweeting it. Win/Win/Win situation for everybody involved, very much like hedging a profitable trade! :mrgreen:
PeterLe

nice work if you can get it!

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 87210.html

You can see the former PP CEO had share s totalling E55m too..
It always amazes me that employees (yes I know they are CXX level) can earn tens of millions.
I once met a customer who had previously worked for the company i was working for at the time and he told me that he joined right at the beggining when there was <100 peopple working in the UK. In the first five years or joining he had share options that at the peak would have been worth £21m :D He was only middle management, not senior really.

Maybe that the way to go; Work hard at uni, get your MBA and work your way up!
convoysur-2

my thoughts are that some one with knowledge and more money than god (peter webb) should hire a production company to make a documentry about your life as a trader and the exchange concept,sell it to a tv station (so no loss financially) and have them air it like that britain at the bookies thingy
Marc
Simples

Return to “Betfair exchange”