Reading the market

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Stitchie18

I have learned that, in play horse trading is dangerous!
I know you back hi, lay low....
You lay as odds are drifting
You back as odds are coming in
You need to get a match on a back and lay (even at a loss) to stay safe
Couple of things......
I cant seem to judge if the odds will come down or go up..
I have watched so many videos about reading the market.....
Any suggestions...
to75ne

if you cant read a race, forget about trading horse races inplay.

inplay markets have little if anything in common with the pre off market.
Stitchie18

Thats why im asking....
What you are looking for to see if the odds are going up or down?
vladilyich

The only way of reading in play is through historical data,but its still not completely reliable.There are some sites which show you how horses have traded in the past and can be used for DOBing(Double or Bust) and the best seems to be a site called WinningWarlock. Have a look on there and then use practice mode to help you find your way around the markets.
Dallas

As To75ne said with IR its more about reading the race rather than the market activity the problem is the TV pictures your seeing are typically delayed by 5-7secs so unless your track side or have a SIS feed then your already at a massive disadvantage,

Not only that but if your looking for signs like a horse being off the bridle too early, pulling hard very early or even its stride shortening, for the average joe these are often very hard to spot from TV pictures but all of which will play a major part in it's IR odds movement - personally i can never spot any of these until its absolutely blindingly obvious or the commentator has remarked on it by which time its to way late to take advantage of or get any real value.

A better approach is to maybe research the general and expected running style of a horse/jockey and base your IR decisions on how its measuring up to that and if you use the ladder view just keep a eye on which side the money is stacking up on

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”