A other software

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
winevaults

Could somebody provide a précis of pros and cons of above compared with betangel
PeterLe

What software is "the above"??
Euler

Names of other software vendors automatically get replaced because they have historically been abused on here. You will have to guess!
PeterLe

Ok
Well GeekToys - No Excel or Guardian Automation (not sure of the cost). Not aware of anything that the Geekstoy can do that betangel cant, the reverse is not true. Betangel has many more features (in fairness, Ive never used it as I mainly use Excel/Automation) so i may be biased!

other software - (GR) Does have Excel and is Ive used in the past (it has a neat feature that you can load the next days markets automatically..so if you are unable to access the VPS..eg on a cruise, you can just check the P&L when you come into port :D )
Mark/Gary are very quick responding to questions/bugs etc
Its a good piece of kit, but it doesnt have a guardian function, cost £72/Year (6/month)

Betangel is for me worth every penny
I recently helped a friend set up a new account..they loaded it with £100 and took a subscription to betangel (£150/Year) by the end of the second week, they had paid for the subscription and covered the first month of the VPS (all using Guardian Automation)
Thats good value in my opinion!

They say that a workman is only as good as his tools; very applicable here
Crazyskier

There is a product which shows the place and win market grids on the SAME screen at the same time, The support and professionalism is way inferior to BA, however for those playing in-play PLACE and WIN markets simultaneously, it's the only one I've found.

I'm assuming that Betangelpro doesn't allow me to view both place and win in-play markets on the same screen? I've certainly never been able to do this, much as I would like to?
xitian

You could always try using two instances of BetAngel side by side?
LeTiss

I think it's a bit disrespectful discussing other products on a BA forum. If I was Peter, I'd remove the thread!

If you don't like BA, or you think other products are better value, then fine.....piss off somewhere else
Lost The Rider

I think it's a bit disrespectful discussing other products on a BA forum
+1
Crazyskier

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I think it's a bit disrespectful discussing other products on a BA forum. If I was Peter, I'd remove the thread!
Actually I agree with this principle, I think the positive that can be taken for it however would be to possibly implement into BA the functionality that I suggested and have been PM'd about - namely having place and win markets on the same screen as a certain other product offers.

Perhaps a better thread title would be 'BetAngel improvements' or similar?

To clarify - BetAngel is far and away the most professional and comprehensive automation I have come across. The support and this very forum is second to none!

Now if only we could get BA green up in play not to increase liability...(sorry!)
Dallas

There is a suggestions thread for users to put forward any suggestions they wish to see implemented which is monitored by the BA development team and anything that can be done and has enough demand is usually implemented in a future update.

BA and indeed any other software can only green up if there is money available to green up against, if you want out immediately you either have to take whats available and on offer at that moment or wait for the next refresh and hope more money has arrived at better odds and green out against that.

viewforum.php?f=20
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:There is a suggestions thread for users to put forward any suggestions they wish to see implemented which is monitored by the BA development team and anything that can be done and has enough demand is usually implemented in a future update.

BA and indeed any other software can only green up if there is money available to green up against, if you want out immediately you either have to take whats available and on offer at that moment or wait for the next refresh and hope more money has arrived at better odds and green out against that.
viewforum.php?f=20
Thanks Dallas. I've now added a request for the dev. team to consider win and place markets on the same screen. Cheers!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”