quickest cricket info

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
brenvegas129

Just wondering if anyone can suggest the best place for quick cricket info - e.g. who won the toss, etc. Sky TV is typically delayed, especially in overseas cricket and there are some websites but they seem to be delayed by about 10-30 seconds.

Any ideas gratefully received!!

Thanks
Westerner

Only places I use for info like that are Cricinfo and Cricbuzz but they are not going to be quick enough to beat the market. For some tournaments some bookies have live feeds and there's sometimes radio coverage but this is the exception rather than the norm.

Sky notoriously show the toss well after its taken place and their coverage has become more and more delayed over the last few years. IPL for example is now around 12/13 secs behind live play.

If you have a custom satellite dish with receiver you can possibly beat this but it's not a path I've ever gone down. Maybe someone else could provide advice on this?

Very frustrating. If you find a quicker way, please share!
brenvegas129

Thanks Westener - I have been using cricbuzz which seems to be the quickest and also has useful pre-match discussion but am equally frustrated with the other options, particularly the TV providers who could put it on screen the second the toss happens if they wanted to give us all a fair chance at the start of the market. I guess some traders have twitter or other live feed from someone in the ground that helps their cause and no doubt, they're not going to be keen to share their sources! It's not the end of the world however, as I only use the toss some of the time as a guide. Often times, the team winning the toss have their odds shorten dramatically only to then go on and have a poor start so it can be beneficial to wait and back the other team whose odds have lengthened.

That said, if anyone does have any other sources of rapid info that they're willing to share, that would be much appreciated!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”