The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

I didn't even realise until recently that there was a Postal minister. If the Post Office has its own minister, surely there should be a Betfair or Exchange minister, who should be held to account.
firlandsfarm

Not sure where to post a general news item but keep an eye on Middle East ... apparently Iran has boarded US cargo ships at the entrance to the Straits of Hormuz
conduirez

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:17 pm
Not sure where to post a general news item but keep an eye on Middle East ... apparently Iran has boarded US cargo ships at the entrance to the Straits of Hormuz
I would not worry too much about it, the ship has been involved with taking banned Iranian oil whilst there are sanctions in place, the Iranians are pissed they did not get paid for the oil.
firlandsfarm

Electric bus in London on fire ... could put the full scale use of electric busses back years! Hydrogen is the way to go.
firlandsfarm

conduirez wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:43 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:17 pm
I would not worry too much about it, the ship has been involved with taking banned Iranian oil whilst there are sanctions in place, the Iranians are pissed they did not get paid for the oil.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Peter Bonehead is out canvassing for his wife, who's standing for his old seat. He was caught by a reporter who had a few questions to ask, but he failed to ask the crucial question that I would have asked; is he flashing his genitals on the doorsteps. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

I just saw an advert for a Gary Barlow tribute concert and immediately thought, I didn't realise he's dead. :lol:
Derek27

New Danish King & Queen installed. How much do they get paid to do all that waving? :lol:
Kai

Learned a new word today: 'abdication'

Cheers Derek!

Not sure I'll ever get to use it though, it's taken Denmark 900 years to witness an abdication
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:30 pm

Cheers Derek!

Not sure I'll ever get to use it though, it's taken Denmark 900 years to witness an abdication
We had two in one year, 1936. Edward VIII did it to get off with a bird he wouldn't have been allowed to marry if he were king, leaving the unprepared King George and later Queen Elizabeth in line for the throne. (Almost said thrown. :lol: )
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:11 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:30 pm

Cheers Derek!

We had two in one year, 1936. Edward VIII did it to get off with a bird he wouldn't have been allowed to marry if he were king, leaving the unprepared King George and later Queen Elizabeth in line for the throne. (Almost said thrown. :lol: )
What a silly man, he could have just had his henchmen build a secret tunnel or something like normal people would do
Derek27

Braverman has described Hamas as bitter, cruel, and evil. Well, she should know. :mrgreen:
Derek27

Since the government declared Rwanda safe, six people fleeing from Rwanda have been granted UK asylum because they're not safe there! :shock: :shock:

You couldn't make it up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
greenmark

Most extraordinary sky today I've seen since the covid lockdown.
Then on a clear day. The sky was blue right down to the horizon.
Today, not a hint of cloud, but a smear of white polution across the horizon.
Lots of jet vapour trails. You could even see the sun glinting off the jet.
One of the vapour trails from the jets fell apart into brackets and curls in a way I have never seen. If only I'd taken my phone to capture it. Doh!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:02 pm
Most extraordinary sky today I've seen since the covid lockdown.
Then on a clear day. The sky was blue right down to the horizon.
Today, not a hint of cloud, but a smear of white polution across the horizon.
Lots of jet vapour trails. You could even see the sun glinting off the jet.
One of the vapour trails from the jets fell apart into brackets and curls in a way I have never seen. If only I'd taken my phone to capture it. Doh!
I noticed the other day, a plane flew right overhead and it was glowing as though it was on fire. The sun had just set and it must have been reflecting the red glow off its undercarriage.

Return to “Chill Out Area”