Betfair loses race fields legislation case

Euler

I've been watching this story unfold. I'm waiting for Betfair's statement on exactly what is going on. All seems a bit odd to me, why increase charges then say certain types of activity is not allowed? How to you define the boundries of that. It's a mess.
sweetybt

Can we trade tomorrow ?
spreadbetting

sweetybt wrote:Can we trade tomorrow ?
If they haven't told you otherwise I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. Doesn't seem to be a blanket ban on trading NSW races just yet, they seem to have identified traders that are costing them money and contacting them direct to not trade or risk being banned.
mugsgame

I don't believe a word of this. Sorry
andyfuller

Is it only the Oz based customers that have been contacted on this?

From what I have read it seems to be. Which perhaps could tie in with a comment made by Peter somewhere on the forum that BF had seemed to indicate to him that profits made on Oz racing from customers based outside of Oz are separate to the Oz exchange and as such wouldn't be included in the new charge (I think from memory that was along the lines they told Peter).

If so that would perhaps make sense as why no non OZ based customer has been contacted if that is indeed the case.

Peter, I assume you haven't been contacted as it seems from your twitter feed you were trading the Oz markets last night and I would have thought given the turnover you must put through you would be one of the first they contact.
sweetybt

I wish I had been contacted, I lost over 1k on the oz markets today.

A truely impressive achievement :roll:
blueport

I had a missed call from Betfair last week which I am yet to follow up.

I just can't beleive the way this is being handled. Surely there has to be some official statement on this decision.

It will be a joke if we end up with a horse racing exchange which is ony tradable by international customers.
blueport

I can confirm I have been given notice to cease trading on New South Wales racing :x
CaerMyrddin

Could there be other criteria, like paying PC or not?
Euler

I'm working with a few Aussie and non Aussie punters to try and figure out who has been targetted and why. No realy news at the moment. I've also asked Betfair for clarification and, in their usual manner, heard nothing of any substance back.
andyfuller

blueport wrote:I can confirm I have been given notice to cease trading on New South Wales racing :x
Are you based in Oz?

Cheers for that Peter, have you heard of any non Oz based/registered customers being banned? I assume you haven't been as you didn't say you had.
CaerMyrddin

Just for the record, I trade these markets and didn't get the call. I pay PC...
mugsgame

CaerMyrddin wrote:Just for the record, I trade these markets and didn't get the call. I pay PC...

Same here.
blueport

Both of you are based in Oz?

Andy, I am located in New South Wales.

I found this video http://www.puntersshow.com.au/index.php ... ideoId=326 from a few Australian punting identities.

One of them claims to have questioned Betfair CEO Giles Thompson on the topic.
CaerMyrddin

I'm not in Australia.

Return to “Australian”