Bug ?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
THENUTS

the yellow " flashing " which highlights the last traded price flashes permanently on a price on the ladder even though nothing is being matched.

This can be observed most easily an hour or so before a tennis match where a particular price continuously flashes as if money is being matched at that price but none is.

Its quite annoying. Anyone else gettin this / and or is there a fix ?
Euler

That would be the last traded price, will have to have a look my self and see.
THENUTS

yes - as i said - the last traded price flashes permanently when no money is being matched.

It appears to only be pre off so have a look at any Aussie tennis match before it goes in play and you will see what i mean
steven1976

It is the liquidity bot. It sits there matching its own money. I use other software as well as BA and on other software you see amounts arriving on the book say for example 161 and immediately it backs out 161 to a zero balance. Its the easiest to see on weak markets such as Ausy and long time from the off. On BA it just shows as flashing amounts and the matched charts change. Its not cross matching, im pretty sure, just simply a bot searching out money to put into a loosing position. I could happily but up vids to explain this but it would be on other software so i wont post it on here.
Euler

I've had some odd things happening in the Aussie open tennis. Stick a large position in an illiquid market and boom somebodies taken it. It's like WTF? Hours away from the start and the've whipped the money from me? I was actually only testing something so was shocked to see it taken.

I could see it wasn't cross matching as that wouldn't have taken just one side, my bet would appear on the other.
steven1976

I sent you a vid many moons ago peter and you put it down to a refresh issue as i remember. Its obviously not that as i think many people are noticing these days.

I could post a vid that i think i caught this morning on ausy racing which it was obvious i was the only one (give or take a few quid) in the market at 1.08, and it was just blatant chucking stuff back and forth against what i was doing.

The good news is, its easy to take advantage of on certain markets. The other day I opened a market in the 80th min on football and there was 15K sat on the lay side at 1.5 and nothing was really happening in front of it. The second i touched the 15K a 28K matched bet came in and took the rest out. Easy pickings on some markets.

I struggle with the horses as they get the front of the queue and they can match down the amounts the put at the front of the queues at a favourable speed. Also if you look at the vids that i posted in practice mode both on BA and other software, its obvious that someone is controlling the front 3-4 positions of the book. There is no reason why bets in practice mode should be turned off or interfere with the market but obviously for whatever reason they are being seen.

Easy money on some markets when they seem to over react! :D
Euler

steven1976 wrote:I sent you a vid many moons ago peter and you put it down to a refresh issue as i remember. Its obviously not that as i think many people are noticing these days.
Not as simple as that.

I know what does and doesn't happen on Bet Angel so that's why I ask for stuff related to that. Unfortunately traders have been duped over the years into trading stuff that just isn't happening. This happened because of an arms race to make software feel slicker, so you couldn't really trust what you were seeing. That's why I'm cautious on appraising things.

I know it's critical for my trading to get as fast and accurate data on a market as possible so that's why I work so hard on making sure Bet Angel delivers that. We don't do something just for a marketing effect. I'd rather lose a few sales and be a better trader than implement something I know is wrong.

Cross matching has really muddied the water and each implementation clouds it further so that's tough. It's a moving target basically.

On the practice mode there is no reason that you bets should influence the market. All practice bets are client side and never reach or influence the market, so I can't see how that works? What you are probably seeing is what I have described above. In fact seeing the issue in practice mode may give you a clue as to how some software is really operating.

If you see it on Bet Angel it would possible for us to replicate but on other software it's anybodies guess.

Not saying this applies to you, as you are experienced, but I alway try to encourage people
not to feel that the market is mysteriously against them in general. That's a fatal mistake to make when you are trying to trade. It will drive you mad!
steven1976

I did replicate it on BA and there was no rssponse . No big deal.
Im just trying to point out on certain markets when you see 15k sat away from the money on a polish 8th division game at certain times of tbe game, its worth tickling sometimes j:D
Euler

Maybe I did you an injustice there then. It's just I have to juggle so many plates as well as trade, it's difficult to keep on top of it all.
THENUTS

Back to the original point.

I have no idea what the "liquidity bot" is but :

Take the Murray / Kyrgios match which as i write we are 9 hours and 46 minutes from the off and the last traded price on both players is permananently flashing

No money is being matched - in fact the matched money for the last few minutes has been £213898 and in fact it keeps jumping in between £213894 and £213898 so nothing is being matched , in fact the matched amount reduces vey slightly temporarily and fluctuates between these 2 numbers.

It stops happenning as soon as the match goes in play.

The above scenario surely cannot be what is supposed to happen under those conditions where no money is being matched and in fact it even reduces ever so slightly then jumps back up again over and over when no bets are being matched in the market
THENUTS

is there any way of actually getting an answer to my query or will i just continue to be ignored in full ?

Its not that big a deal but there is definetly something wrong as the last traded price indicator of a flashing light on the last traded price should not be flashing when there is no money being matched and that is exactly what is happenning over many hours pre match on aussie open match odds markets before the market goes in play.

If you dont look closely it looks like money is permanantly being matched when in fact there is none whatsoever being matched and you could perceive something is happenning in the market when in fact nothing is happenning.

If that was happenning on a horse race pre race there would be uproar but becuase its a tennis match - just ignore it

Surely its not unreasonable to expect some kind of acknowledgement and an answer ????? - Peter ? Bet angel support ? Hello ????
pmanso

This has been happening with me also for some time now. It's quite annoying if you are a pre-match trader. In my opinion it's clearly a bug because how is it possible for the total matched go up and down? Once money is matched you can't take it back. This situation does not happen in other applications.
Naffman

Agree, very annoying.
Naffman

The bug is very prevalent at MVal tonight.
Euler

Thanks I'll have a look

Return to “Support”