'Offset bet with greening' offsets, but the wrong way.

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Rufus

Hello,

I've liked using the offset bet with greening function in the couple of weeks that I've been using Bet Angel, but the last couple of sessions I've tried it, it seems to offset, but immediately the wrong way, so the lay value always comes out higher than the back value. Am I missing something really obvious as to why this is occurring? It happens no matter if I back or lay.

It worked fine initially, and I would just have to sit and wait until the offset bet was matched - thus creating a small profit. Now, the offset bet just matches as quickly as the initial bet which immediately creates a small loss everytime.

I've attached a picture of the 'Matched Bets' tab to show you what I mean.
Offset with Greening example.png
I've tried re-installing the software to get back the initial settings but a couple of my older layouts are still there from the previous install.

Any suggestions on why it may be doing this? I hope it's just an easy oversight.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Can we see the log page rather than the matched bets page, it gives a better description of what is happening.
Dallas

Sounds like you may of changed your odds display without relizing and are now placing your bets the wrong side of the ladder or grid, try changing the odds display from "normal" to "Reverse" and place your bets as you have been
Rufus

Thanks for the quick replies, BA and Dallas.

Dallas, as you can see it in the picture, the odds display is set to normal (unless I'm missing something).

I've attached the log, BA:
offset bet with greening issue example of log.png
According to the log, it seems like the offset bet is going to the longest/shortest odds. Not sure how if I've only got 1 tick selected?

I was placing the initial bet via the one click screen.

Thanks again for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Yes i seen that, thats why i asked for you to change them to reverse and place your bets in the same way to see if that solves your problem, It may not in which case we ll look at other options but thats the first thing i would suggest.

When you have changed the display to "Reverse" place you back bet on the blue box which is furthest to the left - this should put your 1 tick offset lay at the price shown in the pink box furthest to the right.
Rufus

Dallas, yes, I tried reversing it a couple of times since it's being doing it, but hasn't seemed to fix it :-/

I've just reversed it there and taken a screenshot of the 1 click settings and the log for the placed bets (at the bottom of the log).

I placed a back bet then a lay bet on two different horses for clarity - the offsets were generated for each from there.
reversed odds offset with greening example.png
reversed odds example with offset bet and greening.png
Hope this trial and error helps.
Dallas

Ok mate can you try this for me, using the ladder screen ensure the blue cog is uncrossed so as to enable global settings with the odds set to "reverse" still the ladder should look like below image.
See how the money is on the back and lay side - place a back bet on the blue side at the lowest point where there is already money waiting (on the ladder below it would be where the £6 @4.2) is and instantly your lay should appear on the pink side waiting at 4.1.

Have your finger ready to take a screen shot the moment you place your back bet and post the results.

Im only suggesting the ladder for now as its easier to see whats happening with your bets than on the one-click screen.
Dallas

I just been messing around in practice mode and managed to replicate the problem you where having so doing the following should now rectify it for you - If you refere back to your last image from the 18:55 at Chelmsford when you are on the one click screen if you have the odds set to "reverse" then for your offset to work correctly you can only back by clicking on the blue box odds furthest to the left for each horse (on Fav Dark Profit) this would be 1.6, if you want to lay its the furthest pink box to the right (on Fav Dark Profit) this would be 1.59.

Clicking on any of the outer boxes on any of the horses will cause your offset bet to be matched instantly and could mean your initial bet is not matched if the market then moves against you.

To stop this and be able to click any back or lay price for any horse you will need to tick the "Place fill or kill bets" option (set time to around 20secs whilst testing) this way the offset bet will only be placed 1 tick away after your opening bet is matched and not as soon as its placed.

If you want to go back and use the "normal" odds setting then you will need to tick the "place fill or kill bets" for any of the prices you click (not just the outher ones as above).

I hope that makes sence and if so should solve your problem
Rufus

Cheers, Dallas. I'll give it a try in the morning.

When it was working before though, I didn't need to use fill or kill, and I'd just sit and wait until the offset bet was matched. For it to work as it did before, wouldn't it mean that ticking fill or kill would be irrelevant as I didn't use it initially?
Dallas

Ok mate Just let me know how you get on, if you are 100% sure you did nt have the "fill or kill" ticked before then by rights it should not need to be ticked now.
When you try tomorrow morning do it in the following order so as we can eliminate things one by one.

1st Use the ladder screen and place a back bet in the exact way i posted in the message on 17th at 19:23 (No fill or kill but reverse odds).

If you see your offset appear just message me back - if not try and capture a screen shot as you place your back bet and then move on and follow the instructions in my last message from the 17th at 21:09 afterwards message me back with your results from this and the screen shot from the ladder view.
Rufus

Right, I did the ladder suggestion, Dallas, but as you can see on the bottom section on Quicksilver, it still fired a Lay bet at 990, therefore it didn't show up on the opposite side when my back bet was matched.

offset with greening issue screenshot log.png

I seem to have a workaround though. I have two saved profiles. When I click one (or when no profile is selected, it does the dodgy issue which we've been discussing. When I click the other one, it seems to put it back to what it was - the working correctly way (using £10 stakes)... i.e. I can place my back bet and the lay bet is listed in the unmatched bets 2 ticks away, which is correct (on a 'normal' odds display.

I think I'll just try and stick with that profile and try and delete the one that doesn't work....

Ah, I've just found that if I use £1 back and lay amounts, it does the dodgy 990 offset bet, but if I do £2 or £10 it works correctly and offsets to two ticks (or whatever ticks I have selected).

It shouldn't have an issue with £1 though with offset with greening, should it? I know that the minimum for the dutching when applying manual odds has to be £2 or it will immediately throw up a 1000 via manual selection.
Dallas

Glad its sorted for you, im sure somewhere in the past i must of tried things using £1 stakes and dont ever remember coming across this issue but thats obvioustly the cause if its working using £2 upwards

I know that if you try and directly lay at 1000 for pennies or directly back at 1.01 for small amounts it automatically changes to the £2 amount similar to how you mensioned in your dutching but never come this happening with offset parts of bets

Can i take it that when you said you had a older profile that was working this profile was set to place the £2+ stakes and that using under £2 even on this profile causes the issue again?
Rufus

I've been away from the computer. Thanks for you help, Dallas.

The older profile just loads £10 stakes, then I just changed it back to £2 stakes (which I may just save it to).

I'll just stick to the £2 stakes for now until I build things up.

Again, thanks for your input, must appreciated.

Return to “Support”