US Presidential Election 2016

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Dublin_Flyer

Euler wrote:Trump is just a polling error behind Clinton

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tru ... d-clinton/
I had a look at this and made a laymans attempt at seeing how the projections might work out based on recent polls. Margin of error in the week leading up to the polls is 2% going back to 1968.
If we count only polls since the "Internet age" where people can find out a lot more about their choices rather than relying on newspapers/tv then it depends on where you draw the line for popular internet access. For argument sake, and thankfully for numbers sake, averaging the last 3 elections since 2004 gives 1.3% margin and the last 4 elections since 2000 gives 1.83%, so to err on the side of caution we'll use the standard 2% as the limit/margin of error.

The states with a margin of >2% give Clinton a 264:215 lead.

There's 4 states left with a combined total of 59 votes, Nevada(6) Colorado(9) Florida(29) North Carolina(15) all too close to call at the moment, although democrats lead all 4 by 0.5, 0.4, 0.2 and 0.1 percentages respectively.

That leaves Clinton needing just one of the 4 states in limbo to push her to the magical 270.

To cut a long post shorter, personally I think Florida will be swung Clintons way by the Hispanic population/higher number of registered female democrat voters. The Great Mexican Wall and grabbing girls by the pussy may finally catch up on Trump.

That said the Ohio vote is 18 seats and is given 2.1% Republican, if that was to swing the other way then it would be game over with the 4 limbo states still on the bench!
Dallas

Traded volume now smashed through £100m
ShaunWhite

Last night I left a biggish bet on the Democrats sitting at 1 tick over the current price (1.33).
Tonight the price has fallen to 1.2 and guess how much of my bet was matched,
........85p :roll: A bad case of a bird in the hand is worth a tick in the bush.
LeTiss

Feel sorry for all Americans, what a choice to make

If I lived there, I'd vote for Trump. Not that I like him, but looking into Hilary Clinton's eyes sends shivers down my back - it's like coming face to face with Lucifer
convoysur-2

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Feel sorry for all Americans, what a choice to make

If I lived there, I'd vote for Trump. Not that I like him, but looking into Hilary Clinton's eyes sends shivers down my back - it's like coming face to face with Lucifer
trump is satans best friend,,
no difference eiter way,,the world will not be a better place for this
LeTiss

Some massive bets being matched this afternoon, not just on 'Next President' market, but also on 'Winning Party' market.

The winning party is market is seeing some momentary significant price hikes. It's possible to get a succession of 5 tick profits within minutes (I'm talking Trump by the way - the prices being matched is bouncing from 5.50 to 6.00 pretty rapidly)
ShaunWhite

Simplistically, one wants money, the other wants notoriety. Greed vs ego. Easy choice.
I'd rather have a leader who's planning on pocketing a few million dollars, rather than one that wants to go down in history and change the system, they're the dangerous ones. Ego has no place in politics.
SeaHorseRacing

ShaunWhite wrote:

Simplistically, one wants money, the other wants notoriety. Greed vs ego. Easy choice.
I'd rather have a leader who's planning on pocketing a few million dollars, rather than one that wants to go down in history and change the system, they're the dangerous ones. Ego has no place in politics.
Don't get me started on politics... really trying to hold my hands back from the keynoard.

To summaries, there both not ideal. However, I think we need a trump win in order to kick future canditates into shape and get someone who will actually make real change in this world
Euler

Social media bots distorting election discussion: -

http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm ... /7090/5653
Dallas

LeTiss

Clinton is drifting like a barge
efcno1

Yep, seems to be a big drift at the moment. Over 120k matched in the last couple of minutes, pushing the price out to 1.24.
Dallas

Going to be a fun few hrs :)
LinusP

This is a cool viz from google:

http://electionlandtrends.appspot.com/
ShaunWhite

It's a wild ride. Glad I'm just watching this one.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”