Laying / Backing BSP Favourite?

The sport of kings.
foofiter

Hi there,

I have been using Bet Angel Pro for a few weeks now and been testing out some strategies but I'm having a few issues with one in particular.

The strategy I'm using incorperates the laying of the Favourite in specified races but the strategy relies upon the BSP as opposed to the lowest price selection on the exchanges.

There have been a few instances when the results pages show the fav losing in the race but my triggers actually layed a different selection which won.

Is there any way that i can tell Bet Angel to lay the BSP at the off? The price does not matter at this stage so it could, and I imagine, would need to be as soon as the race goes in play.

I have tried adding a trigger to make sure that the selection is at least 20 clicks below the rest of the field but there are still mistakes being made.

I am fairly new to this so any help and guidance would be greatrly appreciated.
foofiter

Having just had yet another look at the options I have noticed that there is an option in the 'Relative Odds condition' to make sure that the selections 'Actual SP' is less that the 'Actual SP' of 'ANY Selection'. Is this what i am looking for or is the SP referred to here the exchange SP?
Dallas

Im a little confused as to what your trying to do, is it you just want to select certain races to apply the rule to then have it lay which ever is the fav @ BSP?
foofiter

Hi Dallas, yes that is the case but i need to make sure its not just the exchange fav, it MUST be the SP that is displayed when the result is posted. Maybe I'm confusing things by using terms that I don't necessarily know the meanings of. I don't mean BSP I think I mean Actual SP?

Please excuse my ignorance.

In short, I want to lay the fav but I want it to be the fav when the result is posted. I don't want to see that the fav lost but I layed the 2nd fav, which on BF was the fav and triggered my bet.

I hope I'm making sense.
Dallas

Betfair Starting Price (BSP) is the exchange SP
Industry Starting Price (ISP) is the Bookies SP

The automation can look at and use the BSP but not the ISP as its nothing to do with exchange prices

I not checked in detail so cant be sure but cant recall many if any instances where there was a different BSP to a ISP fav
Sometimes the closely priced mid runners 4th,5th,6th fav may be in a slightly different order
foofiter

I currently have my rule file set up to lay a selection as long as its Actual SP is less than the Actual SP or ANY selection minus 20 ticks to try and avoid any jf's. I have this set up to trigger 1sec after the race starts and stop triggering 5secs after the race starts and only to trigger once.

Do you think that this will do what i want it to do. Open to suggestions and advice.

Thanks for your help so far :D
Dallas

I would set up as follows which is based on laying who ever is the BSP fav @ the BSP

Rule Type
"Fix Market Order"
Arm 00:00:01 after event goes in play
till 00:00:02
Trigger 1 time

No parmeters or conditions required
Add new rule type

Rule Type
"Place Lay Bet"
Arm 00:00:02
till 00:00:05
Trigger 1 time
Applies to "By Poistion (sorted in order of favortism)" 1

Parameters
Place at "Custom tick below actual SP price" ticks "0"
Set your own stakes and any global settings etc

Conditions
None

And thats it, any problems let me know
foofiter

Thank you so much Dallas.

Just 1 query, if i set it at custom ticks below SP 0 and the price has changed will it not meet that criteria. I'm not worried about what price it goes on at just that it was the fav at the off.
Dallas

foofiter wrote:Just 1 query, if i set it at custom ticks below SP 0 and the price has changed will it not meet that criteria. I'm not worried about what price it goes on at just that it was the fav at the off.
Setting it at the above is just placing the lay at the actual BSP, if your main objective is to just make sure you get the bet on you could change that to
"Custom ticks above the SP" 10 or 15 Ticks

It will still only be laying the BSP fav but at what ever the best lay price is as the bet reaches the market so could be a few ticks over or under what the actual SP was
foofiter

Thanks Dallas, I really appreciate your help on this. I will test it out on tomorrows races.

Thanks again.
Roobetter

Dallas - does this below bet the favourite by bsp rank? What it the market moved in that 1 second before the order was fixed is the first print @bsp??
Dallas

Roobetter wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:15 am
Dallas - does this below bet the favourite by bsp rank? What it the market moved in that 1 second before the order was fixed is the first print @bsp??
By default the order of favouritism sort uses the lowest back price (at the time the rule triggers), but you can change this in your main automation settings area
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bas ... tings.html

This change will be applicable to all other automation rules and conditions using order of favouritism

If you have other automation files in use that use order of favouritism you need to trigger using the lowest back price then the other option would be to leave that main setting as it is
and use add a rule to this file which 'updates the custom rankings of selections', you can then specify how they are ranked ie, by SP price in ascending order
You can then apply the rule to the selection in custom ranking 1 (1), in order to have it trigger on the selection with the lowest BSP price
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/cus ... ters_.html
SmashiT

Hi guys, sorry for not being as clear before. I meant to say that I have a current rule where I lay the 1st favourite at the odds of 1.51 if certain criteria's are met aka criteria's that hopefully indicate that the first favourite may not finish the race. I am more or less trading at break even but I noticed that if the third favourite SP is less than 10, then the odds of my first rule being matched and then not winning the race is higher (meaning i will make a profit)

I basically wanted to add a rule of some sort that would mean that my first rule wont trigger if the third favourite SP was greater than 10.

I think i have manged to do this now with a signal where the signal rule type is "Fix order of market condition"

I willl give this a go and see if it does what I want it to do. I should be in a position to update this thread within 24 hours as I will continuously be reviewing my bets.
Roobetter

Thanks will give it a crack its amazing how versitile Guardian is.
Dallas

Roobetter wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:31 pm
Thanks will give it a crack its amazing how versitile Guardian is.
True, there is very little it can't do these days

Return to “Trading Horse racing”