Arbing; was I Right?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
GunDog

OK I did the following in Practice Mode:

26/02/2016 10:59:38: £ 20.00 Back bet placed on Bamako Du Chatelet at 4.3. Fully matched at 4.3. Ref: 10000

Which gave me the following Screen Shot:

26/02/2016 11:00:31: £ 29.15 Lay bet placed on Bamako Du Chatelet at 3. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10001
26/02/2016 11:00:34: Modify bet persistence 10001 from 'Cancel' to 'Keep'

This Lay of 3 was eventually matched during the race.

End of race Screen Shot:

Now according to my spreadsheet that I use for Match Betting, I ended up with a profit of £7.70.

However, in the picture above what is Trade profit £190.70?
Should I have Ticked Green?
How risky was that bet, and could I have done it better?
Dallas

No you done it correctly, had you clicked the £190.00 figure it would of backed that horse at the best available odds and if matched the figures shown in the trade column would of appeared under your selection names and thats what you would of had if that won the race (and zero) as shown on all other selections
GunDog

Once again Dallas you are helping me out!!!

Just a final question regarding the above. Obviously the risk was getting the Lay bet matched in play, otherwise this would have cost me my initial back stake of £20.

Was this considered to be a riskier strategy?

I am so used to Matched Betting, where there is no risk.
Dallas

It would nt of cost you your back stakes as you can see from the image it would of turned your £7 equal profit on all runners into £190 on that horse and zero P or L on any of the other selections

Once you have closed or greened up a trade then you have no risk - you just decide which one of the two you want to do, you can swap between them mi race but generally most traders look to green so they have lots of constant profit.

There is a number of videos on Bet Angels you tube Channel showing this and i have a example i will be posting up over the weekend with some images to help new users

https://www.youtube.com/user/betangeltv/playlists
GunDog

@Dallas Many thanks, you are proving to be a great help.

I have so far only watched a couple of videos and the problem I find is that they fall a little short for a newbie such as me. They are fantastic at showing exactly what they set out to do, but then they say you could do "blah, blah, blah" but not show exactly what they mean.

Mind you, I think that this is mainly my fault, as I am jumping in just on certain ones. I will try to make an effort to watch all.
Dallas

Most of the terminology used can be found here in the user guide, the guide also details all the aspects of the software

http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/term ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Once you get your head around these basics the rest falls into place very quickly, your best starting with one thing ie the ladder or one-click screen and familiarize yourself fully with that via videos, manual etc before jumping to something else, and you ll find what you learn on one screen is the same principal on the next just layed out differently

Then you always have the forum to come back to with any questions on specific area's

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”