Make Market Gap Scalping Guardian Automation Bot Greyhounds

greety

Tried this out last night. Couple of problems.
Firstly, depite greening up a small profit, the bot kept laying and a few times I was left with big liabilities on a couple of dogs.
Did I see on another thread, you have to set a profit limit?
Secondly, how do you know when the market is going to suspend. Looking at my matched bets, the times of suspension seemed to vary a lot. Is there a way to beat this?
greety

PS. Just to echo everyone else. A big thanks to Dallas for all his help and effort.
Dallas

greety wrote:Tried this out last night. Couple of problems.
Firstly, depite greening up a small profit, the bot kept laying and a few times I was left with big liabilities on a couple of dogs.
Did I see on another thread, you have to set a profit limit?
Secondly, how do you know when the market is going to suspend. Looking at my matched bets, the times of suspension seemed to vary a lot. Is there a way to beat this?
You can stop the bot at any time by clicking on hedge/Green up figure of that selection (left column on each ladder) or the total hedge/Green up figure if you want to stop it all together.

If you only close the trade (by using the same size stake as the opening bet) it will carry on going until it Greens up its self in last 7 secs.

Links to all the bots can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
(Profit and loss one at the bottom)

You cant tell for sure when the markets going to suspend with greyhounds they can often suspend and go off a a few seconds earlier then the off time - thats why i have the green up set to 7 secs and would always advise anyone trading on greyhounds to close no later than this otherwise you risk being caught with open poisitions (especially if you dont have pictures)
cybernet69

It's been known for Greyhound races to go off upto 30 seconds before the scheduled start time.

So, be very careful!!!!!!
Mikky

Dallas wrote:
Mikky wrote:Hey Dallas,

Out of curiosity, how did you change the selection to ANY?

I have tried and tried, but I can't see anywhere that will let me change the selection to ANY. (for the selection)
Its on the "General Tab" at the bottom below the rule trigger times.

If you cant see it you may have to adjust your screen resolution in your windows control panel as most likely there is other conditions your not able to view either.
Firstly thanks for the reply.

Resolution doesn't seem to change anything.

I watched this BetAngel Video here: https://youtu.be/qx2PpgnUWYA?t=1m55s

At the 1min 55 mark he has the drop down and that's the same as I have. Basically you have to choose one of those 3 options. I can't see anything for the 'Any' option. what am I missing/doing wrong?
guy333

Mikky you must be using an old version of Betangel. You need to download the latest version.
Dallas

This rule was made in V1.43 (you can see the Version your using in the top left corner of your Bet Angel screen)

It should look like Image below, if you are using this verison but its still missing you may have to re-install
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11565
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mikky

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, I am using 1.42.2

thanks guys, thought I was going nuts :)
greety

Thanks for the reply Dallas.
I was greening up on any selection not the one with the specific liability. But then lay bets were still being made as the market suspended. Hence the liability.
And the bot did not appear to green up as I was being left with liabilities on certain dogs.
I'll have a play tonight with minimum stakes and see what happens.
Mikky

Mikky wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, I am using 1.42.2

thanks guys, thought I was going nuts :)

updated to 1.43.0 and still no joy. I know the update has installed because the new automation condition of race distance is now present.

I tried an unistall and and fresh install.
betangel issue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you where using V1.42.2 it should of still had the "ANY" selection option, i think it was brought in around V1.40 so only much older versions before this will not of had it.

looking at the screen shot you attached it is 100% a resolution problem.

The "Order of Fav" box has no field to enter a number
and the "By Nomination" is not displayed correctly and missing the dropdown arrow on the right

If you compare the way they look to the image in my post you will see the difference,

If you have tried the actual screen resolution the next thing to look at is that your display is using the normal font of 96 DPI (it needs to be set at 96 DPI) and not 120 DPI which is what yours looks like

To check, open Control Panel in Windows. Choose the 'Display' option and you should see an option called 'Change the size of all items'. With each version of Windows this is displayed differently, but you should normally see either a slider or a picklist or a set of buttons allowing you to pick the preferred size. You're looking for an option saying either: 100%, Smaller, Normal font or 96dpi (again the display depends on the version of Windows).
Mikky

Dallas wrote:
If you have tried the actual screen resolution the next thing to look at is that your display is using the normal font of 96 DPI (it needs to be set at 96 DPI) and not 120 DPI which is what yours looks like

To check, open Control Panel in Windows. Choose the 'Display' option and you should see an option called 'Change the size of all items'. With each version of Windows this is displayed differently, but you should normally see either a slider or a picklist or a set of buttons allowing you to pick the preferred size. You're looking for an option saying either: 100%, Smaller, Normal font or 96dpi (again the display depends on the version of Windows).

I didn't even know this existed and you were 100% correct! I thought the screen resolution was the one you change through your graphics card, i.e. 1900 x 1080 etc!

thankyou for taking the time to help mate. Much appreciated.
cybernet69

Hi,

I really wouldn't automate trading Greyhounds unless you have live pictures of each race.

Reason being the 19:16 at Swindon tonight went off 40 seconds before the scheduled start of the race.

Which left me with a negative position which I couldn't close out.

Be warned!!!!
Mikky

I have played with this bot a little now but the results have been extremely varied.

From all the alterations i have tweaked the best results have come from the original automation which turned a small profit but granted it was over a small sample.

Going to keep messing with it sinply because there is so much greyhound racing each day just a shame there is not more liquidity.
Dallas

cybernet69 wrote:Hi,

I really wouldn't automate trading Greyhounds unless you have live pictures of each race.

Reason being the 19:16 at Swindon tonight went off 40 seconds before the scheduled start of the race.

Which left me with a negative position which I couldn't close out.

Be warned!!!!
The whole point of automation is not just to fire bets into market quicker but also to be able to leave unattended or running in the background, yes the start times can be early and catch you with a open poisition but from what i ve seen the odd times it is early it its usually only a few seconds and very rarely more than 7-10 secs early.

So just close your poisitions a little earlier if your worried about being caught or thin the stakes your using in last 30secs

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”