Backing at low odds and using a stop loss

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
zielinski

Today I test new bot:

I setup in play Back any selection with parameters fixed price odds 1.05 for 20 stakes and global action offset bet and greening on 4 ticks and this same conditions current any selection back price less than 1.05 .

1. no idea how setup offset batches because few times when any horse was backing for 1.05 and win race I had sometimes -0.10 or -0.16

2. how setup stopp loss when any horse is backing for 1.05 and then odds going up how to setup this situation when first bet on 1.05 is bet and odds going up and another horse going down for 1.05 and win. how can I do second bet and greening and stop loss my stake on first horse.

3. Why when my first horse is backing 1.05 and wining but betangel dont greening it and i am loosing maybe it is some wrong with offset batches.

no idea a i am looking any genius bet angek pleaseeee thanks
zielinski

Today I test new bot:

I setup in play Back any selection with parameters fixed price odds 1.05 for 20 stakes and global action offset bet and greening on 4 ticks and this same conditions current any selection back price less than 1.05 .

1. no idea how setup offset batches because few times when any horse was backing for 1.05 and win race I had sometimes -0.10 or -0.16

2. how setup stopp loss when any horse is backing for 1.05 and then odds going up how to setup this situation when first bet on 1.05 is bet and odds going up and another horse going down for 1.05 and win. how can I do second bet and greening and stop loss my stake on first horse.

3. Why when my first horse is backing 1.05 and wining but betangel dont greening it and i am loosing maybe it is some wrong with offset batches.

Dallas

zielinski wrote:Today I test new bot:

Offset Batches simply means dividing the initial order/bet and placing the offset bets as the order is filled rather waiting for the full order to be matched.

For example if you where using £100 stakes and set the offset batches to 10
Then as every £10 of your stake was matched that would be placed as a offset
If you set the Batches to 4 with the same £100 stake then as each £25 is matched that amount is offset.
Unless using larger stakes you would usually have the batches set to 1 (which means your whole stake has to be matched before any offset is placed).

Instead of just selecting "Offset Bet" you would choose something with a "Stop" from the drop downmenu on the parameters page then enter the number of stop ticks just the same as you have been doing for your offset bets.

If you want to allow the rule to trigger on a 2nd horse you need to increase the trigger to 2 times then add the following two conditions which will stop the same horse being bet on twice.

"Matched bets condition"
on selection Equals 0

"Unmatched bets condition"
on selection Equals 0
zielinski

or can I use green selection if profit is less than -10 example it will be stop when odds going up like from 1.05 to 2?
Dallas

Yes you can use that option if you prefere
zielinski

ok but i have a question because today any odds going up like my back so I thinking about quick reaction when back will be losing is it correct green all profit conditions ... is greater than -2

and I boting today back 1.05 but few times my horses win but betangel dosnt backing my odd on 1.05 and when was finish and horse win I had 0 profit why? is it possible that odds moving so quickly like 1.20 - 1.06 and jump 1.02 so betangel dont back 1.05? i have setup any odds less 1.05 so shoud be backing I dont now why?
zielinski

or betangek back 1.05 and horse win but i have 0profit

under lader i see Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market what is mean?
Dallas

zielinski wrote:ok but i have a question because today any odds going up like my back so I thinking about quick reaction when back will be losing is it correct green all profit conditions ... is greater than -2

and I boting today back 1.05 but few times my horses win but betangel dosnt backing my odd on 1.05 and when was finish and horse win I had 0 profit why? is it possible that odds moving so quickly like 1.20 - 1.06 and jump 1.02 so betangel dont back 1.05? i have setup any odds less 1.05 so shoud be backing I dont now why?
You would use
Less than -£10
See this thread from the FAQ section for full details
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
zielinski wrote:or betangek back 1.05 and horse win but i have 0profit

under lader i see Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market what is mean?
It means your bet was unmatched when it hit the market because the odds had dropped below so your money will of been waiting at 1.05 and would only be matched if they jumped back up, if if you want to ensure a match you will need to use fixed odds 1.01 and add the following condition to stop the bet from triggering till the right time
"Fixed odds condition"
Back price or last traded price is
"Less" than 1.06
zielinski

I had exactly this same conditions but let me rule maybe it is best solution a setup back any odds less 1.05 and how to setup green all if this odds jump for 1.30 for example you know sometimes odds 1.05 don't win but if I stopped if odds jump 1.30 I stop loss lot of my stake...
Dallas

zielinski wrote:I had exactly this same conditions but let me rule maybe it is best solution a setup back any odds less 1.05 and how to setup green all if this odds jump for 1.30 for example you know sometimes odds 1.05 don't win but if I stopped if odds jump 1.30 I stop loss lot of my stake...
I dont understand what your asking there??
zielinski

i ask you what is better for stop loss maybe add rule for bot like stop loss if odds from 1.05 going to for example 1.40 then rule should be stop or is it this same like greening profit greater -10 ?
Dallas

It the same except the stop loss can only trigger the once and if unmatched will remain at those odds, where as a rule with a profit less than -£X can be re triggered so if its not matched at 1.40 and the price continues to rise (ie its now at 1.70) it can re-trigger a second or two later and try again, the loss will be more but better than being missed altogether.

But with either of these there is never a guaranteed of a stop closing your poisition especially in the closing stages of a race
zielinski

so what do you think it is no good bot for backing any back odds 1.05 with stop loss ? is it to high risk ? what you prefer?
Dallas

I have never tried backing at those odds so cant really say what the best option is, best advice would be for you to try it in practice mode and see what results your getting

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”