Odds not showing up in Greyhounds races

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
zanpo

I am monitoring today's Greyhounds races in the watch list, all works well, when all of a sudden odds are not showing anymore. I can see the total market volume and that's it.

This happens only for greyhounds races, horse races are ok.

I have a restrict refresh for guardian 300s before the off and 30s after.

In guardian I can see the races just fine, only the watch list is wrong. The account is funded and I am in practice mode.

What can it be? Please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazyskier

Zanpro, it looks to me as though they ARE the odds at that point.

The doggies have VERY limited liquidity until a few minutes before the event start time. The 1.1 lays and huge asking prices to back are from speculators like me that occasionally get the odd fat-finger or bot malfunctioning and easy green-ups. I sometimes do the same with the place market from a few hours out, blanketing all dogs with a back price order for £2 at 5+. Surprising how many dogs place as silly SPs. Hell, I even saw a race winner at 45s at Romford the other night! Real opportunities if patient...
zanpo

Hi Crazyskier, I don't think it's the case here, because in guardian odds show correctly, only in the view window they are not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazyskier

zanpo wrote:Hi Crazyskier, I don't think it's the case here, because in guardian odds show correctly, only in the view window they are not.

Ah, OK that does seem to be a display issue.

Incidentally it appears that you're laying the two outsiders there? If that doesn't work - try dutching the 3rd,4th and 5th favourite just before the off. You'll often see some tracks that have outsider after outsider romp home, race after race. I try and avoid loss recovery generally, (having blown too many banks over the years) much preferring level stakes systems now, but backing higher-priced place dogs is a favourite of mine with some tracks often having good run sequences.
zanpo

It's just a basic dutching strategy, backing some of the dogs. Not showing any good results by now, I will test your method also to see what happens :)
jimibt

zanpo wrote:It's just a basic dutching strategy, backing some of the dogs. Not showing any good results by now, I will test your method also to see what happens :)
if i may offer up a humble opinion regards your strategy. I don't know if you are greening out or not (at a highly discounted rate to the *expiry* value of the dutched runners). if not, i'd recommend that you try a higher stake across the book% and green out on less than 4-5% of your book% stake (i.e. stake on book of £150, green out on £5-£7.50 etc..). you'll be surprised at the similarity in your current results, minus the large scale *no shows* that tend to make dutching a bit of a mare...
zanpo

Wow jimibt that's a true revelation. I was down in the dumps thinking of abandoning dutching (today we saw already 2 horses with 20+ odds at Beverly winning) but this new approach might turn out to be very useful.

I added this new rule by your instructions, you think will do the job ok? (with 150 pounds by book %
jimibt

zanpo wrote:Wow jimibt that's a true revelation. I was down in the dumps thinking of abandoning dutching (today we saw already 2 horses with 20+ odds at Beverly winning) but this new approach might turn out to be very useful.

I added this new rule by your instructions, you think will do the job ok? (with 150 pounds by book %
make sure of course that you are in PRACTICE mode here!!! You should find that if you set things up properly, you may even get it to green out BEFORE the race begins, so setup your greening rule so that it fires from 05:00 mins BEFORE until 10:00 AFTER the race. I would ensure that you place your back bets inside the last 5 minutes (before the off) and see how it runs. you could of course run a second version that places the back bets 5 seconds before the official off time. it's all trial an error really!!
zanpo

jimibt wrote:make sure of course that you are in PRACTICE mode here!!!
Yes of course, practice makes perfect :D
jimibt wrote:greening rule that fires from 05:00 mins BEFORE until 10:00 AFTER the race.
This time I was using the rule for greyhounds, with 18 seconds before the off, for greyhounds 5 minutes is too much, you think 2 minutes will be better?
jimibt

zanpo wrote:
jimibt wrote:make sure of course that you are in PRACTICE mode here!!!
Yes of course, practice makes perfect :D
jimibt wrote:greening rule that fires from 05:00 mins BEFORE until 10:00 AFTER the race.
This time I was using the rule for greyhounds, with 18 seconds before the off, for greyhounds 5 minutes is too much, you think 2 minutes will be better?
I'm afraid i have no in depth knowledge of the greyhounds timings, but potentially 2 mins sounds reasonable. you can get pretty fortunate i'm sure, inside that window.
zanpo

But I'm not sure the green out function is ok to use in this case, I only seem to get negative green outs, how to get some positive ones? :)
stu410

2-3 minute before and 20 seconds after...
stu410

http://i.hizliresim.com/Y43v9Z.png

My bot...

before 3 minute, After 20 seconds 07 seconds green/red

Return to “Support”