Create a No Lose Trade on Fav and Profit on the Field Guardian Automation Bot

joebloggs123

also the stake is £10 for both the back and lay rule in the parameters tab the back always places a £10 bet but the lay places a bet much higher than this am i correct in thinking this is due to the odds drop and the lay liability has to be higher in order to profit also the hedge profit was put in to secure a profit regardless instead of winning nothing if the favorite went on to win.
Dallas

joebloggs123 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm
thanks Dallas no the back and loss rules are still set to trigger just once it may be triggering the bets in to minimize loss or maximize profit i do not real,y know why i put a green up all profit rule in to guarantee a profit when it reaches a certain odds i suppose but it does not seem to be doing that anyway only the green up stop loss seems to be kicking in and tries to keep my loss to the amount the rule has asked for Dallas do you recommend that i delete the Hedge Profit (Offset) rule and keep the Hedge Loss (Stop Loss) rule and keep the rest of the bot as it is thank you kindly once again.
Depending on the size of the back stake your using it may not be generating enough profit to trigger your green profit rule as this will be capped once your lay bet at 1.50 has triggered so i would remove the profit one and just leave the stop.

joebloggs123 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm
also the stake is £10 for both the back and lay rule in the parameters tab the back always places a £10 bet but the lay places a bet much higher than this am i correct in thinking this is due to the odds drop and the lay liability has to be higher in order to profit also the hedge profit was put in to secure a profit regardless instead of winning nothing if the favorite went on to win.
Yes the lay stake will always be more than the back stake in this situation
joebloggs123

OK thanks Dallas much appreciated
Frogmella

This isn't really a "no lose" strategy. There is no such thing.

You will lose anytime the lay bet is not matched in-running and the favourite doesn't win.

It is quite common for favourites to run backwards right from the off and for the whole race and when this happens your lay bet is never matched and you lose your entire back bet. If the favourite was odds on this will be more than £10. When you win you'll usually get less than £1 profit. If your lay is matched and the favourite wins as expected you get nothing.

It is possible for the favourite to win without your lay bet getting matched in which case you will win more on that particular race although this will be rare.

Depending on the odds of the favourite at the time of your back bet, when you lose the loss could be anything between 3 times and 10 times your average win. So you need to win a minimum of 75% of the time to have any chance of breaking even.

You can limit your losses by adding a fixed odds condition to eliminate expensive bets on the lowest priced favourites. If you do so you must also ensure the lay bet doesn't trigger unless you have a matched bet.
Frogmella

Just out of interest I tested this today with real money.

I made 1 alteration to the rules, no bets on favourites under 3.0 odds This is because when they don't hit the lay and then lose, the loss is very large.

I tested it on all races between 14:00 and 18:00, 24 events in all.

Winners 3/24
Fav won or was under 3 odds so nil return, 14/24
Races where 15 tick lay bet was never touched and favourite lost 7/24

Average win with £10 stake £0.70 per event, Average loss £1.10.

This is only one day so may not be representative.
cybernet69

Were you expecting any kind of profit long term ?
Frogmella

cybernet69 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm
No of course not, but newbies will spend weeks on stuff like this. I wanted people to understand that the term "NO LOSE TRADE" in the thread title is not to be taken literally.

It's a reasonable premise, surely the favourite is going to be good for 15 ticks most of the time, even if it doesn't win.

I let this run all day in the end. Only 8 out of 43 races produced a profit. 7/43 produced a loss (the losses were on average 3 times bigger than the wins) and 28/43 levelled at zero ( that is, the lay bet was hit and the favourite went on to win or the favourite's BSP was lower than 3 so no bet was placed).
JePe

Frogmella wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 pm
cybernet69 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm
No of course not, but newbies will spend weeks on stuff like this. I wanted people to understand that the term "NO LOSE TRADE" in the thread title is not to be taken literally.

It's a reasonable premise, surely the favourite is going to be good for 15 ticks most of the time, even if it doesn't win.

I let this run all day in the end. Only 8 out of 43 races produced a profit. 7/43 produced a loss (the losses were on average 3 times bigger than the wins) and 28/43 levelled at zero ( that is, the lay bet was hit and the favourite went on to win or the favourite's BSP was lower than 3 so no bet was placed).
I am a completely newbie on gambling and at Bet Angels. I still in my trial peroid.
I have been running this bot in the practical mode for a couple of Australian races.
Out of 12 races a have a profit on 8 races varying from € 20 to 100 up
On 4 races no profit.

I did not change anything om the settings.
I just followed the steps as describes at the thread and run the bot like it is
Just Before the race start the backing popup appears. I click "NO"
When the race is In PLay the Laying Popup appear. There I click "YES"

At the automation screen, when the Fav is not winning -10 or the stake if under 10 appears in red behind the Favourite name
Behind the name of all other horses I see in green the stake price. (profit?)

The results are dissapearing very quickly, I think that this is because of the practice mode.
Why do I get these amazing result in practice mode while in live mode shows you totally different information.
If I can not trust the practice mode what is the use of it?

Looking forward to you reply.
Thanks in advance.

PS I have no idea how to upload an screenshot [img] is on
Dallas

I'de start by turning 'Bet Confirmation' off when using automation, in-running prices can be long gone by the time you click to confirm each bet
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=12880
JePe

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 am
I'de start by turning 'Bet Confirmation' off when using automation, in-running prices can be long gone by the time you click to confirm each bet
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply.
I did turn off bet confirmation.
But since there are two, one backing and one laying. I hope that only the lay bet will be activated and not the Back confirmation.

Also I am still confused about the true from what I see at the practice mode.
I think practice mode shows me what is actually going on at Betfair.
So the profit I see in the practice mode is the actually profit what I earn when I be on the on line mode with Betfair too.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

JePe wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm
Dallas wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply.
But since there are two, one backing and one laying. I hope that only the lay bet will be activated and not the Back confirmation.

So the profit I see in the practice mode is the actually profit what I earn when I be on the on line mode with Betfair too.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
The bet confirmation box turns the pop-up box on/off for all bets

Yes what you see in practice mode is exactly what you will see in real mode with regards to prices, money waiting and P/L displayed etc, although it cant be 100% accurate when matching bets in-running and the prices are volatile but its very close, in most cases you will get matched more often in real mode than in practice during volatile markets
JePe

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm
JePe wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thanks Dallas for your very fast answer.

Ref:
"The bet confirmation box turns the pop-up box on/off for all bets."

Here is my experience of a few horseraces with the bet confirnation turned off
I didn't see any popup as aspected.
What I saw first was a loose (numbers in red at automatation screen for all horses exept for the favourite which shows a profit in green color.
Secondly: profit in green for all horses exept the fav, loose in red
But the profit will not cover the backing loose!

For automatation it would be nice to have a choice for with side, Backing or laying, you want to confirm bets popup on /off.

Ref confirmation about information on practice versus realtime info.
I am very happy to read your confirmation details.

I will be back to update here my real time experience.
Thanks again

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
The bet confirmation box turns the pop-up box on/off for all bets

Yes what you see in practice mode is exactly what you will see in real mode with regards to prices, money waiting and P/L displayed etc, although it cant be 100% accurate when matching bets in-running and the prices are volatile but its very close, in most cases you will get matched more often in real mode than in practice during volatile markets
JePe

Hi Dallas,

I am running this bot "On Line" now for two days.
Except turning off Confirm Bet as you advised, I haven't changed any setting but everytime the Fav wins I loose the stake price.
What goes wrong here?

PLease see attachement below

Another question is
I run the complete UK and Australian Horse race market with this bot. My laptop on 24 hours a day.
For the last 24 hours I only did get a P & L reports from 8 races at Betfair.com/activity/accountstatements out of over 100 races.
From here I see the amount lost on the Fav, but why so little statements while there are so many races.

All races without reporting has the same message on the Guardian main screen/logs sayimg, as an example:
24-6-2017 08:27:42: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

Do you have any idea why so many races are suspended and why I do get such a few amount of records.
Please see same attachement.

Note:
I have Zenmate.com on my laptop, so I can use Australian, UK IP addresses.
But changing the IP to an UK one did not improving reporting.

Thanks for your reply in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

All markets get suspended just before they turn in-play and/or when it closes so thats normal to see that in your logs.

Can you post a screenshot of your main guardian page (once markets have been added and automation applied to them) Also if you have the part of a log for the race where you think only part of the rule triggered (no need to post the whole days log just the race in question) those should give a better idea of whats going on
JePe

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply,

I am total new to gambling and Betangel/betfair.
Thanks for understanding.

I have these questions?
"All markets get suspended just before they turn in-play and/or when it closes so thats normal to see that in your logs."

But I should be able to see at my logs the bets the bot did place inbetween the start and closing.
I don't see that.

I select the whole daily horse races from one country.
The bot is constantly running.
Is it normal that I only get about five Lost/Win reports at Betfait in about 12 hours?

Attached two screenshots.
First: Log
Second : Main guardian page
I hope this is what you requested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”