UK General Election **June 8th**

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

Been doing some work on voting patterns and will be interested to see how this evening's local elections perform.
LeTiss

Because of Brexit, and because of opposition in Scotland to ongoing Scottish independence talk - historic voting patterns are surely out of the window, Peter?
Euler

I'm more interested in seeing the swings of people who voted for or against brexit and who they switch to. Maybe LibDem.

Also, I'm really interested in turnout.
Euler

I've created a model for turnout which it looks others are using also so ponder just how reliable and useful that data is.
LeTiss

Yes, but I had lunch and a beer today with someone who passionately voted remain in the referendum.

He said his heart lies with the Lib Dems, but he believes a vote for them will weaken the Tories and that will ultimately strengthen the hand of Corbyn and Sturgeon who are both tossers

He's therefore voting Tory, despite the reality of a hard Brexit.

I love it, I find all the tactical mindsets fascinating with Political voting and the betting markets associated with them
ruthlessimon

LeTiss wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:15 pm
Yes, but I had lunch and a beer today with someone who passionately voted remain in the referendum.
shaun? :D
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:06 pm
I'm more interested in seeing the swings of people who voted for or against brexit and who they switch to. Maybe LibDem.

Also, I'm really interested in turnout.
Sadly voting the way I do, where I live, is futile. Democracy's great isn't it? I'll vote in the GEs on principal, but the CE's are pointless here.

Biggest lie of the moment "May's negotiating powers will be 'stronger' if she gets a big majority" Makes no logical sense but everyone's been brainwashed to believe it's true. She's also struggling with wanting to do it all in secret when the pesky europeans want transpartent talks. What happened to the public wanting to know what's going on?
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:17 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:15 pm
shaun? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope. I can picture the pub now, flat roof, plastic glasses if you go outside, football on the telly, flag of St George outside.

(just kidding Mr LeTiss ;) just having a bit of fun with you)
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:29 pm
Biggest lie of the moment "May's negotiating powers will be 'stronger' if she gets a big majority" Makes no logical sense but everyone's been brainwashed to believe it's true. She's also struggling with wanting to do it all in secret when the pesky europeans want transpartent talks. What happened to the public wanting to know what's going on?
I think you're wrong there, I believe a big majority will strengthen her position, Shaun

A reduced majority will strengthen the hand of the Lib Dems, and some Labour MP's who are trying to slow the process, maybe even reverse it. We are also seeing the EU panicking and playing a game of double bluff with their demands. A strong majority for May, will give her the power to silence the remainers here, and be far more bullish with Brussels, as she now has the thumbs up from the UK voters
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:37 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I think you're wrong there, I believe a big majority will strengthen her position, Shaun

A reduced majority will strengthen the hand of the Lib Dems, and some Labour MP's who are trying to slow the process, maybe even reverse it. We are also seeing the EU panicking and playing a game of double bluff with their demands. A strong majority for May, will give her the power to silence the remainers here, and be far more bullish with Brussels, as she now has the thumbs up from the UK voters
It's a popular opinion LeTiss, but I just can't see how the size of her majority will matter when she's sat face2face doing a deal. It would matter if she brought the deal back here for a vote on it ....but we're giving her the final say on the yes or no no matter what it is.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope. I can picture the pub now, flat roof, plastic glasses if you go outside, football on the telly, flag of St George outside.

(just kidding Mr LeTiss ;) just having a bit of fun with you)
Yup, this is actually Ukips Soton HQ :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:37 pm
maybe even reverse it.
Don't worry, that's never going to happen now. Tory's are just scaremongering because they've never liked scrutiny or being questioned.
LeTiss

Haha I know where that is, Ruthless.......even the cats don't go out after dark there
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:47 pm
Haha I know where that is, Ruthless.......even the cats don't go out after dark there
It's the kind of place the Sally Army need all their military training for when they go and flog the War Cry on a Friday night.
Euler

I'm pondering a bet on a low turnout. Maybe people just won't vote at all, especially where it's a foregone conclusion?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”