Trading is about to Change

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

Jamie wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm
The marketing campaign is not aimed at this community anyway, so we can relax and enjoy the ride. I applaud Peter for his innovative efforts in generating more interest in BA which will encourage more investment in developing the product, so all will benefit eventually.

Rushing to release buggy software would be far worse than a minor delay to ensure it's stability. Peter would not be investing his time and money in new features if they weren't worthwhile and anyway you'll be getting them at no extra cost.

Complaining achieves nothing. Appreciation encourages ever greater achievements.

"Patience is the companion of wisdom." Saint Augustine
Some very good points
ShaunWhite

That last video must have been directed by Harvey Weinstein. How else did such a bad actor get the part of 'baffled office boy' in the latest blockbuster, Hype2.

If Pete's tweets start include the 'MeToo' hash tag, we should all try and be supportive cos you have do what's necessary to make it in the movie business. ;)
Euler

Mr Weinstein was very receptive to my approaches and seemed a really nice chap. He promised me a role in his next film, or court, can't remember which it was.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:58 pm
Mr Weinstein was very receptive to my approaches and seemed a really nice chap. He promised me a role in his next film, or court, can't remember which it was.
:lol:
Max W

I cant wait! - I hope we will be able to use Python through BA as easily as using Excel.
Will the changes be in November?
Regards, Max.
LeTiss

Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

Did anyone ever watch the American Tv series Lost?

This thread kind of feels like this. I just hope the ending is a little better. :D
Niko

Ironically, we all talk about an edge so if the new software reveals an edge surly that in itself ruins the change available to trading. So I cant see this change being to make trading easier or more profitable or everybody would be doing it or jumping on the bandwagon with something similar??

Unless its a new idea for signals, so that when a market it opened a signal can be set on a horse that notes, odds, time at those odds, last tick move +/-, WoM, high and low of traded range.
mcgoo

Something I have never worked out with trading software iterations(I have tried 4 of them)..in the automation space..which is probably a result of my limited capability- is being able to match your stake at best odds available. ie.: If I get a partial match of $79 of $100 stake, then match the rest at the next available best price and if only matched $20 of that then match $1 at the next best price and so on.Maybe I just haven't asked the question; Is this possible? Also, I add to the already floated query re recording what price you opened a trade at or track prices above or below current odds/your last traded odds... and track volume on a runner (this is not always reflected in price right away-from what I can tell).Anyway..if the new version does some of this..good stuff
spreadbetting

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am
Something I have never worked out with trading software iterations(I have tried 4 of them)..in the automation space..which is probably a result of my limited capability- is being able to match your stake at best odds available. ie.: If I get a partial match of $79 of $100 stake, then match the rest at the next available best price and if only matched $20 of that then match $1 at the next best price and so on.Maybe I just haven't asked the question; Is this possible?
Betfair state they will always match bets on a first come first served basis and also at best price available. So if you want all your stakes matched regardless of price just send your bet with odds of 1.01/1000 and it'll get filled at best prices available at the time.
mcgoo

Thanks for reply.Tried that but seems to only match at best price once and then if you have a condition of matched amounts is less than x, then it will retry with the full amount.This means if you get a partial match of 50% then the next bet will be 100% and bam you are over staked.....unless I have missed something
LeTiss

To be honest mcgoo, I don't trust the integrity of BF!

Admittedly, the much maligned Cross Matching doesn't help, but there have been times when I know I should be getting matched, but am not.

I'm absolutely convinced there's queue jumping going on - either individuals or companies who are paying a premium for the service, or it's BF themselves, who think they can do whatever they like, considering we are all playing with their ball

That would be a game changer, if BA could accurately determine where we are in the queue (of course it's impossible, as BF would never give that information)
Korattt

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am

That would be a game changer, if BA could accurately determine where we are in the queue (of course it's impossible, as BF would never give that information)
I questioned Euler with this very recently, it’s impossible to work out where you are in the queue because of cross matching.
mcgoo

The odd well placed suspension does definitely add question to reason. I, like others (LeTiss comments reflect) I am sure, have even seen manual bets not recorded (not often but very concerning when it happens) or matched & needing to be placed over and over again. I guess my main point is that software -BA included- doesn't seem to be able to deal well with (opening bet particularly) partial matches, which confuses me as a miss of a fundamental aspect of trading (along with tracking current odds above and below a defined point/price). I acknowledge that I stand to be corrected though and happy for that to be so. This new version is being marketed well. :) I am reservedly excited :o :D ;)
Bluesky

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am
To be honest mcgoo, I don't trust the integrity of BF!

Admittedly, the much maligned Cross Matching doesn't help, but there have been times when I know I should be getting matched, but am not.

I'm absolutely convinced there's queue jumping going on - either individuals or companies who are paying a premium for the service, or it's BF themselves, who think they can do whatever they like, considering we are all playing with their ball
I have spoken to several pros who like yourself have been doing this for a living for a long time and they have all seen exactly what you describe on numerous occasions.

Return to “General discussion”