VPS questions

A place to discuss anything.
megarain

Had same problem - unavailable for 45 mins, then suddenly u can log in.
Anbell

Ive asked support about it a few times and they dont seem to be able to find anything (or even see that there is a problem)
Naffman

Anbell wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:22 am
Ive asked support about it a few times and they dont seem to be able to find anything (or even see that there is a problem)
I often find bets don't trigger once back either and have to restart the VPS and reload the markets
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 am
Anbell wrote:
I often find bets don't trigger once back either and have to restart the VPS and reload the markets
I found that double-clicking a race got it moving ok
Naffman

Anbell wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:28 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 am
Anbell wrote:
I found that double-clicking a race got it moving ok
Thanks will try that next time.

But would be no good if you're in the land of nod :lol: :?
Anbell

Yeah, it's not great
Euler

Not seeing anything unusual over here and all my bots are running OK?

As a precaution I tend to reboot regularly. I've noted the odd quirk such as when I don't terminate a session properly through one of my RDP clients it still thinks I'm connected. So I'm always careful to disconnect from that client.

But other than that, not seeing anything.
annuity

Just come here to see if anyone else is having VPS issues. Remote desktop keeps losing connection every few seconds.
Euler

No reports at the moment and mine are all running fine.
annuity

Managed to finally get my automation rules applied to the Rizespor game so that at least buys me another hour but this is proving to be very laborious. Only getting a few seconds of uptime before it disconnects again. It's gonna be a long day by the looks of it! Hopefully the underlying server is fine it's just the remote connect that is having issues so my bets will still fire.
annuity

Panic over, everything settled down pretty much straight away after i sent my previous message. So all automation is setup for the day, ready for Betfair to go down at 3pm haha
lotora

Been unavailable now for the last hour. The real issue here is whether the server is down or not, not so much that I can't connect remotely. Happened twice this month!, which has never happened before. I have changed servers in the past, but this time I will stick to the same VPS.
Euler

Are you forcing updates? If not it may reboot to install them and go offline for a short period of time. This is the most common cause of a VPS going off line.
lotora

I had the monthly Windows Updates installed immediately when it was launced at the beginning of the month, followed by a reboot. I have at least one reboot every single day...BTW, the one hour I was disconnected, the VPS was working as it should....so that's good! :D
billeales

I have been suffering from lagging prices in play using the VPS. I have played with the settings after reading bits on the forum but have since seen the settings are optimised for the servers by default, I worry by importing my settings I have messed them up, does anybody know the ideal communication settings for VPS?

Return to “General discussion”