Bet Angel - Automation : Laying a horse if trading at bottom of range

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
Balmus
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm

I have been looking to find a way to lay horses that are within the bottom 3 ticks of there ranges in the last 60 seconds before the off. I cant find a way to capture range in BA. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Jukebox
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:57 pm

They are available to Excel

Balmus
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Was hoping to not use Excel, There must be a way using signals or something. I just cant figure it out yet.
Cheers anyway

Wolf1877
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 am

Balmus wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm
I have been looking to find a way to lay horses that are within the bottom 3 ticks of there ranges in the last 60 seconds before the off. I cant find a way to capture range in BA. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
You can set stored values (called say max_price and min_price) for each selection to build your own range (at least for the period you are monitoring the race in guardian).

(1) Create a set stored value rule to initialise both max_price and min_price stored values to LTP just once for each selection. Rearm for at least as many runners there are. Use a 0.01 second delay and maybe set a signal for each selection to confirm inital max_price/min_price is set.
(2) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP < min_price then set the new value for min_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(3) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP > max_price then set the new value for max_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(4) Create place bet rules using stored values in max_price and min_price to compare against current price.

You might also use the Volume Weighted Average price as an indication of just how far off the average price the current price is.
Dallas probably has a script somewhere.

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 am

Wolf1877 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 am
Balmus wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm
I have been looking to find a way to lay horses that are within the bottom 3 ticks of there ranges in the last 60 seconds before the off. I cant find a way to capture range in BA. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
You can set stored values (called say max_price and min_price) for each selection to build your own range (at least for the period you are monitoring the race in guardian).

(1) Create a set stored value rule to initialise both max_price and min_price stored values to LTP just once for each selection. Rearm for at least as many runners there are. Use a 0.01 second delay and maybe set a signal for each selection to confirm inital max_price/min_price is set.
(2) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP < min_price then set the new value for min_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(3) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP > max_price then set the new value for max_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(4) Create place bet rules using stored values in max_price and min_price to compare against current price.

You might also use the Volume Weighted Average price as an indication of just how far off the average price the current price is.
Dallas probably has a script somewhere.
Wat he said :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 9315
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Contact:

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm

This might help if you want to define the range yourself using a servant, then pass it over to guardian to run the automation
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=17132

Balmus
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 am

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for the link to that thread. I am struggling to find a way to store the bottom of the range as a stored value. I intend to only use this for automation so I am un-able to use the mouse to click on the numbers.

Im not sure why something as simple as ranges is not included in BA?

I cant think of a way to do this, if anyone can prove me wrong than that would be great! :-)

Balmus
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am

Wolf1877 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 am
Balmus wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm
I have been looking to find a way to lay horses that are within the bottom 3 ticks of there ranges in the last 60 seconds before the off. I cant find a way to capture range in BA. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
You can set stored values (called say max_price and min_price) for each selection to build your own range (at least for the period you are monitoring the race in guardian).

(1) Create a set stored value rule to initialise both max_price and min_price stored values to LTP just once for each selection. Rearm for at least as many runners there are. Use a 0.01 second delay and maybe set a signal for each selection to confirm inital max_price/min_price is set.
(2) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP < min_price then set the new value for min_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(3) Create a set stored value rule conditional on if LTP > max_price then set the new value for max_price as LTP. Rearm continuously with say a 0.01 second delay as 0 is not allowed.
(4) Create place bet rules using stored values in max_price and min_price to compare against current price.

You might also use the Volume Weighted Average price as an indication of just how far off the average price the current price is.
Dallas probably has a script somewhere.
Sorry Wolf, I cant see how I can create the stored value to capture the top/bottom of a range? I have looked at this for hours. Seems something that should be so simple!
Thanks for the response :-)

Wolf1877
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 am

Balmus wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am
Sorry Wolf, I cant see how I can create the stored value to capture the top/bottom of a range? I have looked at this for hours. Seems something that should be so simple!
Thanks for the response :-)
Balmus, I've attached a 3 rule file just to build the min and max prices (i.e. the lower and upper range) for ANY selection.
There currently is no bet rule in there so you can run it safely as is. You need to add the bet rules later yourself!

Just download and import this BAF file. I have switched logging on against the stored values and signal assignments. Watch it in action by applying this rules file against a race (when the market is fairly active so prices are actually moving). Then select the race in guardian (by highlighting the row in blue) and then click the "log" tab at the bottom of the guardian screen to see the stored values loaded by scrolling to the bottom. I'd suggest that you uncheck the stored value and signal logging once you understand how it works unless you need to debug something. Thats my good deed for 2018. You're on your own now! Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Balmus
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Wolf1877 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 am
Balmus wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am
Sorry Wolf, I cant see how I can create the stored value to capture the top/bottom of a range? I have looked at this for hours. Seems something that should be so simple!
Thanks for the response :-)
Balmus, I've attached a 3 rule file just to build the min and max prices (i.e. the lower and upper range) for ANY selection.
There currently is no bet rule in there so you can run it safely as is. You need to add the bet rules later yourself!

Just download and import this BAF file. I have switched logging on against the stored values and signal assignments. Watch it in action by applying this rules file against a race (when the market is fairly active so prices are actually moving). Then select the race in guardian (by highlighting the row in blue) and then click the "log" tab at the bottom of the guardian screen to see the stored values loaded by scrolling to the bottom. I'd suggest that you uncheck the stored value and signal logging once you understand how it works unless you need to debug something. Thats my good deed for 2018. You're on your own now! Good luck.
I hadnt downloaded the latest version hence why I couldnt find min/max prices. It is now working like a dream, Thanks very much Wolf. Appriciate it!

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests