16.55 stratford?

The sport of kings.
jimrobo

Was it me or did betfair forget to turn it in play for about 30 seconds??

I had a lay bet on hills of aran fill around the start but I haven't a clue whether it got filled before or after the start?

EDIT: SIS didn't show the start of the race so thats why they never turned the race in play until 30 seconds into the race. The helpdesk told me as there was minimal change in the prices whilst the race was underway and the market not in play so no bets are to be voided???

This is such a grey area by betfair! If I had an open position and I saw they hadn't turned it inplay what do you do as a trader?? Do you wait until it has gone in play and then get out for whatever the price is or go ahead and close your position anyway????

It seems they just pick and choose what they wish to do on each occasion. It was a shame though because should they have done what they have done in the past and voided my lay bet I would have been credited ~£400 but that is neither here nor there whats more concerning is the lack knowing where we stand when it happens.
Squirtle

I wasn't on this race but it seems to be a constant source of frustration. I've caught Betfair bending the rules on a number of occasions, all we want is a clearly defined set of them. Each time something like this happens I never know what the outcome will be. I sense they are choosing when to apply the rules or not. I guess they will apply them if it suits, else they don't care! :evil:
10GreenBottles

I don't like BF bashing, as after all I would rather they remained in their selfish cold heartless ways than not be around at all, however...

Yes there seem to be numerous times where grey areas come in to play and the t's & c's come out to protect their best interests. So many times I've read about users being treated unfairly. Would it be possible to start up a Betfair Traders Union?

It's clear BF don't listen to a handful of people but would they listen to a few hundred/thousand of their most loyal and regular customers?

Please don't ban me BF, I'm just thinking out loud!

Cheers
10GBs

Return to “Trading Horse racing”