Backing odds

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
JakubStefanik

Hi, i am currently playing with automation rules for backing horse under 1.25, but for some reason i have bets which were placed at higher odds even 1.6 .... Is it because of inplay delay ? Is there any way how to place bet on specific odds which will be always same ?
Dallas

Betfair will always match bets at the best possible price when they reach the market.
If youve placed at bet @ 1.25 when the odds are 1.25 but got matched at 1.6 then you've made more if it wins
JakubStefanik

Thank you for reply. What is the highest stake possible to get matched at this odds ? Cause currently i am using 2pounds back bet, would it be possible to get it match with 10 or 20 pounds stakes ?
Atho55

If you log into your Betfair Account and go to Settings you may be able to disable the "Betfair Always Matches at Best Price" as per the screenshot below

BF Betting.jpg

Never had call to do it myself so no idea how or if it works.

Urban Myth or what...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Airliner

JakubStefanik wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Thank you for reply. What is the highest stake possible to get matched at this odds ? Cause currently i am using 2pounds back bet, would it be possible to get it match with 10 or 20 pounds stakes ?
I imagine you have a rule to back a selection if the price falls to 1.25, at what price are you entering the bet?

You can add a condition to place the back bet at x amount of ticks higher or lower than 1.25 once the odds get to 1.25.

If you place the back bet at a lower price you will increase the chances of being matched in case the price has shortened even more. This will decrease the profit.
If the odds have gone back out from 1.25 before your bet has been matched, you will be matched at the current market price (which is now higher).

How much you can stake will depend on the market however if the price has gone back out you can usually stake a lot higher than £20. This will depend on the market and the situation.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”