Creating My First Rule File - Question

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
AMS01

So I'm in the process of creating my first rule file and I'd like to know if it's possible to set one specific condition within the Rule - To only fire a back or Lay bet if 1 or 2 other horses are trading below certain odds whilst in-play?
sa7med

AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:46 am
So I'm in the process of creating my first rule file and I'd like to know if it's possible to set one specific condition within the Rule - To only fire a back or Lay bet if 1 or 2 other horses are trading below certain odds whilst in-play?
Check out the relative odds condition.
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/relative_odds.html

You can also use signals/stored values to increment when one or more runners have odds within a certain range and then make your rule conditional on that signal.
AMS01

sa7med wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:51 am
AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:46 am
Check out the relative odds condition.
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/relative_odds.html

You can also use signals/stored values to increment when one or more runners have odds within a certain range and then make your rule conditional on that signal.
Hi sa7med, yes I'm looking for other runners/runner to have odds within a specific range of the front runner... Therefore would i need to set a signal or can a setting within relative odds do this?
sa7med

Sorry, I meant fixed odds condition
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fix ... ky&mw=MzIw

You can use this if you simply want to refer to 1 other runner.

If you want to refer to more than 1, I would add a rule to increment 2 stored values (1 for market and 1 for selection) every time a runner's odds < x and the stored value for that specific selection is not set (so it doesn't double increment for the same runner). Then you can condition your betting rule based on what the market stored value is. Also you should clear your stored values every refresh to keep them updated. Think that should work, if there's a better way I'm sure someone will be a long to suggest.
Last edited by sa7med on Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
AMS01

Hi sa7med, many thanks for helping me to get on track I will check out that suggestion, add it as an additional rule to my file and test it out... Cheers
sa7med

AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:52 am
Hi sa7med, many thanks for helping me to get on track I will check out that suggestion, add it as an additional rule to my file and test it out... Cheers
You should also condition your betting rule such that it looks for a larger value (+1) if the runner it's placing the bet on is one of the runners who's odds are < x. You'd have to use some conditionality ie [(runners odds < x And market stored value >= y +1) OR (runners odds > x And market stored value >= y)] where your market stored value is the number of runners with odds < x and y is your desired number of runners with odds < x. This is in case the runner that you want to bet on is included in the tally, so it'll look for a higher tally in that case.
AMS01

sa7med wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am
AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:52 am
You should also condition your betting rule such that it looks for a larger value (+1) if the runner it's placing the bet on is one of the runners who's odds are < x. You'd have to use some conditionality ie [(runners odds < x And market stored value >= y +1) OR (runners odds > x And market stored value >= y)] where your market stored value is the number of runners with odds < x and y is your desired number of runners with odds < x. This is in case the runner that you want to bet on is included in the tally, so it'll look for a higher tally in that case.
Thanks sa7med... Thats quite a mouthful lol, will get my head into it and see what I can uncover... Am looking to improve an already profitable bot file... Cheers

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”