Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
beermonsterman

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 pm
dm1900 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:19 pm
What does your arsenal of strategies look like? are you looking at external data or is it all market based?
Market, with some external for greyhound, although that's a bit hit and miss
Thanks Goat
beermonsterman

Looking back its funny when i read some of my old comments like i'm some kind of pro when reality was i knew hardly anything at all compared to what i know now so every time i think i'm their i just shut up and carry on only to find myself reflecting a year later and yep i was right to shut up and carry on but the question is when will i know im their ?
problem i have is i'm too scared to put money in and trade because soon as their is money at stake my whole mind changes to cant accept red or lets go in play see where this goes i can read a ladder quite well after 15 years on and off and blew bank after bank nearly 15k down (i know most of you will say "give up thats stupid amount of money and im gambling" but no point i wont give up i enjoy it too much)
reality was maybe still is always my shit discipline so i am working on that now and i think i've found a way to overcome my fear of ...RED .....
what i do now is trade live with a bank of £100 and only trade with £80 and class the left over £20 as expendable as my fear was i would watch my P and L go up and up but soon as it went down BANG my evil brain gremlins get to work and i fall apart at the seems but this new mentality i've adopted seems to work well its like i'm fooling myself ? which mustn't be hard i suppose anyway i'm rambling on just thought i would put this out their need to vent lonely place trading ..
goat68

2023 Q3 update: Still chugging along, still fairly small and steady, weak mid-summer, but have some future ideas to work on..
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 20.47.39.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:50 pm
2023 Q3 update: Still chugging along, still fairly small and steady, weak mid-summer, but have some future ideas to work on..
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 20.47.39.png
Slow and steady wins the race 👍
CitizenEra5ed

I recently started my trading journey and found this thread a couple of days ago so currently feeling Mr Goats frustrations from 3 years ago. I’m only on about page 20 of this thread but skipped forward to the end and was pleased to see he’s still around so he must’ve found his feet which is encouraging. Thanks to all who have made this thread what it is.

Back to page 20…

C
goat68

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:41 am
I recently started my trading journey and found this thread a couple of days ago so currently feeling Mr Goats frustrations from 3 years ago. I’m only on about page 20 of this thread but skipped forward to the end and was pleased to see he’s still around so he must’ve found his feet which is encouraging. Thanks to all who have made this thread what it is.

Back to page 20…

C
Enjoy the read :-)
We all have to find our way... it just takes time...and persistence...and stubbornness...
CitizenEra5ed

Well, it’s taken me the best part of a week to get through this mammoth thread and I can tell there is gold in a lot of these posts so thanks to all who have contributed.

I can see Mr Goat has had quite journey from where he started in July 2020 to his current position so well done with the persistence and glad it finally paid off for you.

So Mr Goat, knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself if you were restarting your journey?

C
goat68

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:30 pm
Well, it’s taken me the best part of a week to get through this mammoth thread and I can tell there is gold in a lot of these posts so thanks to all who have contributed.

I can see Mr Goat has had quite journey from where he started in July 2020 to his current position so well done with the persistence and glad it finally paid off for you.

So Mr Goat, knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself if you were restarting your journey?

C
Awesome, well done.
"Finding real success is very hard, you have to keep searching...and learning..."
goat68

2023 = £16238
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 21.01.07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Well done :)
Kai

Good to hear from you Mr Goat!

Onwards and upwards 📈
allankane

Well done Goat. Very pleased for you. Also nice to hear things are working very nicely for you over the longer term.
firlandsfarm

Hey Goat, I confess to not attending your thread recently but you sure seem to have come on in leaps and bounds ... Well done. :)
Jimbo95

Goat,
Great result. Assume you are using automation as well as manual? To get that level of profit, if you don't mind me asking, what is your average stake size?
Bobajob

VG

Few questions for you

1. Which Sports
2. Pre-race/In-play/both
3. What was the size of your starting bank.
4. Min, Max, Avg liability of all events bet over the period
5. Min, Max, Avg profit of all events bet over the period
6. Min, Max, Avg profit/liability of all events bet over period
7. Longest losing run ( i.e no. of events ) and how much lost
8. Fixed/Variable 'stake' and how much
9. Any room for improvement/tweaks eg, scale up

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”