Betfair Australia - In-play trading

Euler

Wasted development resource!
Pelican 153

What does that mean?
Does it mean that I can bet in play from London on an Australian Betfair account ?
Euler

You will need a VPS to bet in-play. Just the NZ endpoint has been abandoned, I think. It's a bit confusing.
Pelican 153

Even though I am physically in London where in play is perfectly legal ?
So I have to use a VPN to show I am in the UK when I am actually in the UK????
jamesedwards

Pelican 153 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:14 pm
Even though I am physically in London where in play is perfectly legal ?
So I have to use a VPN to show I am in the UK when I am actually in the UK????
Try logging on with a VPN connected to Aus. Once logged on, try disconnecting the VPN and see if it will let you trade in-play. Might work.
Pelican 153

I came to London in 2022 and was able to use my Australian Betfair account
Before I came here on the 1 st February I again advised Betfair of what I was doing and they again confirmed I could use my Australian account over here to bet in play on sports
Euler

Pelican 153 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:29 pm
I came to London in 2022 and was able to use my Australian Betfair account
Before I came here on the 1 st February I again advised Betfair of what I was doing and they again confirmed I could use my Australian account over here to bet in play on sports
Is your account registered in Australia or the UK?

This would only affect logging into the Betfair website, not through the API. So if you are a Bet Angel user you are unaffected.
Pelican 153

My account was set up in Australia as I live there normally
I am very much a dinosaur when it comes to technology so don’t really know what API is or how to use it etc
I do all my trading manually via the Betfair website
Pelican 153

Just got an email from betfair which is the third one that says the exact same thing.....

We are actively investigating the login issues you're experiencing and are committed to resolving it promptly. Our engineers are working diligently to pinpoint the root cause of the problem. While we cant provide a specific timeframe for resolution at the moment please be assured that restoring normalcy is our priority.

At least they have not said that I am legally unable to login or is this grasping at straws on my part?
Anbell

Pelican 153 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:29 am
Just got an email from betfair which is the third one that says the exact same thing.....

We are actively investigating the login issues you're experiencing and are committed to resolving it promptly. Our engineers are working diligently to pinpoint the root cause of the problem. While we cant provide a specific timeframe for resolution at the moment please be assured that restoring normalcy is our priority.

At least they have not said that I am legally unable to login or is this grasping at straws on my part?
It isnt about you. It is a widespread issue that is expected to be resolved one way or other next week.
Anbell

Pelican 153 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:29 am

You can get around the issue immediately by subscribing to betangel, but you wont be able to learn how to use it in an hour.
Pelican 153

Thank you Anbell for your replies.
I will see what happens in the next week or so and if its not positive then Betangel it is.
Kai

Pelican 153 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:55 am
I will see what happens in the next week or so and if its not positive then Betangel it is.
This is one market I couldn't possibly imagine trading from the website, it's too fast-paced not to be using specialized software.
Pelican 153

Up to now I have had to phone through my bets on individual games after they have gone in play . I often miss the price whilst I am waiting for someone to answer the phone give my details the market the bet amount etc
Even with all those obstacles I have been able to make a modest profit year on year .
jamesedwards

Pelican 153 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 pm
Up to now I have had to phone through my bets on individual games after they have gone in play . I often miss the price whilst I am waiting for someone to answer the phone give my details the market the bet amount etc
Even with all those obstacles I have been able to make a modest profit year on year .
Just get Bet Angel. It's a free trial to start with and with a bit of time learning the basics it means you can get your bets on quicker. If I understand correctly I think it means you could bet in-running from Australia if you direct your Bet Angel connection via UK on a VPN? Others will confirm if this is the case.

Return to “Australian”