Betfair Australia - In-play trading

Kranthiyo1

@euler can you explain what changing the endpoint for nz customers from feb 12 means? Im using nz vpn since uk stopped working and it's working fine . The nz one won't work from feb 12? Sorry im a noob. Thanks
Euler

So here is the bottom line.

Log into Betfair with an Aus or NZ account outside of the country and you will be blocked, via the website. But not via the API.

The NZ endpoint means we will need to re-write the software.
gazuty

:shock:
Finbar147

Thanks for the NZ VPN tip, works well for now at least. Are there any other countries that might work for in play from Aus on my phone when that options isn't there from next month? I've tried quite a few other countries and none of them seem to work so I suspect not.

Thankfully Bet Angel doesn't seem to be affected on my desktop so not the end of the world (actually it'll probably make me have to plan ahead more on my non trading bets so may be a good thing).
Euler

We've already re-written the software for this change and are awaiting a test account from BF AUS.
Thosefoxpeople

Will AU traffic be routed through the NZ endpoint or just NZ traffic? That would seem to remove the advantage of northern hemisphere traders given that currently we ping about 350ms from eastern Australia to the UK endpoint.
Pelican 153

I need help
I have an Australian Betfair account and I have just arrived in London to trial a new in play sports strategy that I have developed .
I advised Betfair I was coming here prior to departure.
I am not able to log in to my Australian Betfair account . It says that I am trying to log in from a restricted region.
Will this be resolved or am I wasting my time here … Betfair has said they are trying to sort it out .
Thanks in advance
Kai

Pelican 153 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:04 pm
I need help
I have an Australian Betfair account and I have just arrived in London to trial a new in play sports strategy that I have developed .
I am not able to log in to my Australian Betfair account . It says that I am trying to log in from a restricted region.
Will this be resolved or am I wasting my time here … Betfair has said they are trying to sort it out .
Thanks in advance
Bumping this first poster up
jamesedwards

Pelican 153 wrote:
I need help
Thanks in advance
Have you tried routing your PC to Aus or NZ via a VPN?
megarain

If that doesn’t work - maybe a friend in Aus could setup a laptop for you which you could connect to with remote server
software like Anydesk.

The laptop is based in Aus - you connect from anywhere in the
world and control it like a PC in front of you.
Anbell

Pelican 153 wrote:
I need help
Thanks in advance
I heard it might be fixed by Monday
Pelican 153

Where did you hear that it may be fixed by Monday?
Does that mean that I can bet in play whist physically in London using my Australian befairaccount?
Euler

We just completed all the work to make Bet Angel compatible with the change and Betfair have dropped the change!
Kai

BF right now

jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:54 pm
We just completed all the work to make Bet Angel compatible with the change and Betfair have dropped the change!
Would be :lol: :lol: :lol: if it wasn't :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “Australian”