The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

The Labour representative in the general election just knocked on my door to ask if I'm voting in the locals. I completely forgot it's today, and I'm voting Greens as well. :lol:
Derek27

A guy just knocked on my door to ask if I want milk delivered. What flipping century is he living in? It will all be nicked by the time I get up. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm
A guy just knocked on my door to ask if I want milk delivered. What flipping century is he living in? It will all be nicked by the time I get up. :lol:
You need to move. A couple of houses I pass regularly have milk bottle carriers. I assume this is support for local dairy suppliers.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
You need to move. A couple of houses I pass regularly have milk bottle carriers. I assume this is support for local dairy suppliers.
I've even had an ashtray nicked from my doorstep. I now use empty tins of tuna. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:44 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
I've even had an ashtray nicked from my doorstep. I now use empty tins of tuna. :)
Not had that poblem since I moved from Brum. Walk out to drive to work and your car is on bricks. Highly amusing....not!
conduirez

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Not had that poblem since I moved from Brum. Walk out to drive to work and your car is on bricks. Highly amusing....not!
Have you seen the price of bricks in B&Q, you should be more grateful. Brummies are so generous giving you free ones. :lol:
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 am
greenmark wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Have you seen the price of bricks in B&Q, you should be more grateful. Brummies are so generous giving you free ones. :lol:
:lol: nothing against Brummies, just big cities contain a minority of grotty people. That same house was burgled twice, next door also. And while at work my car was stolen. All that was left was the door handle.
Here it seems the extent of nefarious activity was the theft of a trumpet from an open garage 20 years ago.
Derek27

Poor old Prince Harry. He's desperate to meet up with his dad, he's run out of material for another book. :lol:
Derek27

"Hottest day of the year, men with their shirts off, bellies out, and children begging their parents for..."

I thought she was gonna say for dad to put his shirt back on. :lol:
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:57 am
"Hottest day of the year, men with their shirts off, bellies out, and children begging their parents for..."

I thought she was gonna say for dad to put his shirt back on. :lol:
men with shirts off, bellies out! sounds like a mid-winters day, during a Newcastle game at St James Park :D
greenmark

Why do male spiders scamper into the middle of your carpet and then sit there.
I know the answer, of course. It's a mating signal. Sadly, the only observer was a male human that then squished him. Apologies to spiders and spider lovers, but spiders, flies and wasps are beyond my tolerance. They show up in my house and they're history. I should point out i have spent some time capturing and releasing bees, so I'm not a complete nutter.
Derek27

The problem with getting up early, you think it's about three in the afternoon, look at the clock and it's not even midday. :lol:
greenmark

My confusion about the early bird is solved. It's simply a blackbird,
In my defence it isn't a blackbird call I've heard before.
High-pitched singular alarm calls. And twittery loveliness at any other time of day. I recognise those.
What foxed me was the plaintiff cry, as the sky lightens, before sunrise.
But, now I'm content. Blackbird singing but perhaps half asleep. :-)
Derek27

Fortunately I don't live in Deven, but it's still quite off-putting, the thought of cow shit in your water supply. :lol:

(Glad you solved the mystery Greenmark :) ).
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:05 am
Fortunately I don't live in Deven, but it's still quite off-putting, the thought of cow shit in your water supply. :lol:

(Glad you solved the mystery Greenmark :) ).
I feel like I'm in a movie. Water supply is toxic, grannies sleeping rough and others are picking which £70k EV they should buy.
But thanks to everyone for not pointing out my error using plaintiff when I meant plaintive. :-) How important are 3 letters?

Return to “Chill Out Area”