A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:50 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:40 pm
,I even needed a reference from an upstanding member of society. I think I had to invent a priest!
No suprise that an upstanding priest would have to be a figment of your imagination, the rest are just professional fantasists.

Some do it better than others though :D

I mustn't be too harsh, my goto respectable person is the ultimate in professional fantasists.... An accountant.! :).
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:59 pm
I mustn't be too harsh, my goto respectable person is the ultimate in professional fantasists.... An accountant.! :).
Some of those guys wouldn't look out of place in a Harry Potter movie :)
Derek27

I've just had my account closed!!!

I changed my password, my password manager changed my email address without asking and I immediately got a 'duplicate account' email from Bumfair telling me the account's been closed. I've now have to contact them through email and will probably have to wait until Monday, bastards!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:09 am

I changed my password, my password manager changed my email address without asking and I immediately got a 'duplicate account' email from Bumfair telling me the account's been closed. I've now have to contact them through email and will probably have to wait until Monday, bastards!
So what happened? You entered an invalid user ID (wrong email) but with a password from your actual account?
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:49 pm
Derek27 wrote:

So what happened?
SMH

Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:49 pm
Derek27 wrote:

So what happened? You entered an invalid user ID (wrong email) but with a password from your actual account?
No, I changed my password (successfully, received the usual password changed email) but my flipping password manager decided to change my email address as well when I pressed the submit button. I know this because Betfair sent the duplicate account email to that address, which they never previously had.

If you're not allowed to change your login email it shouldn't be editable. Either way, closing a account shouldn't be an automatic process.

I had to watch a film last night to take my mind off trading deprivation. Wilt, with Mel Smith and Griff-Rhys Jones. Very funny. :)

https://youtu.be/FNWP0_l0Xpk?t=2630

I'll be using the gym a bit more and painting my shed next week - three coats!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:01 pm

No, I changed my password (successfully, received the usual password changed email) but my flipping password manager decided to change my email address as well when I pressed the submit button. I know this because Betfair sent the duplicate account email to that address, which they never previously had.
It's strange a password manager changed a field on the screen after you hit submit?

Although I'm still not sure what you did wrong apart from try to log in with invalid credentials (once?) or tried to change something you're not supposed to change (the user id).
Derek27 wrote:
Either way, closing a account shouldn't be an automatic process.
Would you rather give the job to an account "suspend monkey".
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:

It's strange a password manager changed a field on the screen after you hit submit?

Although I'm still not sure what you did wrong apart from try to log in with invalid credentials (once?) or tried to change something you're not supposed to change (the user id).
Derek27 wrote:
Either way, closing a account shouldn't be an automatic process.
Would you rather give the job to an account "suspend monkey".
I think changing my login led the system to believe I have two accounts. I got the account closed email before I even tried to log in.
napshnap

It sucks, come back soon).
Isn't it too harsh to say "account closed", that's a nervus environment we work in, some people can have heat attack, better use "suspended" or "being reviewed" instead.
ShaunWhite

napshnap wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:14 pm
Isn't it too harsh to say "account closed", that's a nervus environment we work in, some people can have heat attack, better use "suspended" or "being reviewed" instead.
That's an unusually "woke" sensitivity towards people's feelings :) The supermarket said it was "closed" the other day and it didn't cause any heart attacks.

But I think it's a test, if you panic about a few days off then you've got a gambling problem. :D

We should have a sweepstake about when it's reinstated (I'm thinking Thursday) especially as they'll see who it is and say "it's that bloke who calls us Bumfair and monkeys, leave it till later"
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:50 pm
napshnap wrote:
That's an unusually "woke" sensitivity towards people's feelings :) The supermarket said it was "closed" the other day and it didn't cause any heart attacks.

But I think it's a test, if you panic about a few days off then you've got a gambling problem. :D

We should have a sweepstake about when it's reinstated (I'm thinking Thursday) especially as they'll see who it is and say "it's that bloke who calls us Bumfair and monkeys, leave it till later"
"It's that bloke who calls us Bumfair and monkeys, leave it till later". I nearly choked reading that with a mouthful of coffee.
But honestly I feel for Derek. He clearly is not a person the warrants his account being locked, but these Corporations are as thick as a whal omelette. Customer service? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
napshnap

ShaunWhite wrote:
napshnap wrote:

Please use "they" pronoun when you refer to me (I mean, me and my bots, like Doctor Octopus and his tentacles) :P !
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
The supermarket said it was "closed" the other day and it didn't cause any heart attacks.
It gives me a heart attack if I need beer or cigarettes.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:04 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
The supermarket said it was "closed" the other day and it didn't cause any heart attacks.
Have you sacked your password manager yet
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Have you sacked your password manager yet
Not yet, but I probably will do. It's hard to find a PM that has everything I want but I may switch to LastPass.

Return to “General discussion”