The swingers thread

The sport of kings.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Nice start to todays session ;)
100916 - Fav plays up - just before loading.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rhysmr2

I lost £300 on this race, which in turn made me trade crazy and I ended up £800 down for today :cry:

Is there any reason why it went from a solid 2.0 out past 3.2?? I don't have RUK, was it sweating up or something?
hgodden

It seems like an age ago now so with my memory can't remember the details but I remember there was definately something wrong with it, sorry to hear about your loss
thehawk009

yep, it got very upset down at the start. at one stage i thought she wouldnt even load. eventually they got the blindfold on and they got her in. sorry about the loss, luckily i was watchin and caught the move. does show the advantage of havin the pics at times.
SamWilson82

It was a really nasty drift if you were caught wrong side...

if i recall the horse had to have the blind fold on entry as it kept unshipping the jockey.. it wasnt in a great mood which may have caused some of this move
andyfuller

rhysmr2 wrote:I don't have RUK
An expensive lesson but I would ensure the first thing you do tomorrow is phone up and get RUK added to your package. I was out for the race :x but sounds like from the description Peter has given the chart "Fav plays up just before loading" that having pictures could have helped limit your loss and in turn avoided you going on tilt.

£20 a month when trading full time for you living using the size of stakes you must be using is nothing to spend but can save and no doubt earn your a hell of a lot more than it will ever cost.

Chin up mate and get on that phone and get RUK added!
andyfuller

It also raises another point as well rhysmr - when suffering a bad loss it can pay to go and take a break. As my old friend ;) John O'Neil once said, go and make a cup of tea and enjoy every last bite of your favourite biscuit taking your time to enjoy each one. This will stop you going on tilt and save your bank. Eventually you should be able to develop the mindset which allows you to remove the emotion from your trading and allow you to put the loss instantly out of your mind and move on trading as normal. But most of all don't beat yourself up about it - we all have shockers from time to time!
LeTiss

If I get hit for a fairly big red trade, I tend to take a couple of hours off. I'm lucky that I live next to the marina & docks in Southampton, so when I suffer a nasty trade, I go out for a coffee & walk.
Through experience I've found that's more productive than continuing to trade with disappointment and anger in my bloodstream. I come back far more relaxed and refreshed & my trading gets back on track quickly. Trading psychology has been discussed many times on this forum, but rightly so, it's a massively important key to success
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Sorry to hear about the losses :oops:

Pictures are worth a lot, more than £20 a month for sure. In this case the favourite was playing up very early on and that is what set of the drift from 2.00, which is a key point in the market anyhow. His behaviour got worse and worse, hence such a massive drift. Even if you don't have 'live' pics, it's worth having any feed you can get your hands on, just in case.

If you had an open back order on this horse you would have been out like a shot.
rhysmr2

Yeah cheers for the advice Andy, I will definitely have to start walking away and taking a break, I know we all have shockers from time to time but I think I have more then most! I don't even know how I'm still in this game :?

I move into my new house in 2 weeks and I was waiting till then to get my RUK channel up and running. To be honest I think the whole buying a house thing has put too much pressure on me.
Merry Terry

Chin up, you seem to make a good chunk quite often so I'm sure you will get it back in double quick time. You just need to cut out some of the bigger mistakes.
sportinwest

Bet Angel wrote:Sorry to hear about the losses :oops:

Pictures are worth a lot, more than £20 a month for sure. In this case the favourite was playing up very early on and that is what set of the drift from 2.00, which is a key point in the market anyhow. His behaviour got worse and worse, hence such a massive drift. Even if you don't have 'live' pics, it's worth having any feed you can get your hands on, just in case.

If you had an open back order on this horse you would have been out like a shot.
What about us who live outside the UK. Can we get ruk ?? or is there any other live feed for us?? maybe radio or something.

If anyone can recommand something for for people outside the uk, like me, it would be much appriciated
CaerMyrddin

I move into my new house in 2 weeks and I was waiting till then to get my RUK channel up and running. To be honest I think the whole buying a house thing has put too much pressure on me.
It's really hard work to move into a new house. Last time I did so, I took a whole week off and it wasn't enough. 15 days ago I helped my brothers moving and it was a nasty thing to do. I glad I didn't have to do all the work this time :)
Exacta

sportinwest wrote:What about us who live outside the UK. Can we get ruk ?? or is there any other live feed for us?? maybe radio or something.

If anyone can recommand something for for people outside the uk, like me, it would be much appriciated
I think you can get streaming from Racing UK's web site? Never used it so I can't tell you what it is like.
chris_ri

I've been using the RUK streaming to my PC, which has turned out to be a great help. I'd heard rumours of 10-12 second delays from real time, however my experience has been closer to 1 - 1.5 seconds but generally it appears to be sub-second (it seems to help if you refresh your page and hence reconnect periodically).

Chris

Return to “Trading Horse racing”