Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
andy28

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:27 pm
I'm more concerned if Putin goes to Antarctica for backup as we know the Nazis retreated there in their UFOs to live in a base underneath the ice after WW2. If the rumours that Bill Gates managed to cryogenically freeze Hitler there are true then we are all in trouble. I'm 99% sure that the DNA gathered from all the PCR tests has been sent to Antarctica to turn the reborn Hitler into a super trader.

It's only a matter of time until Gates fires up his control panel and switches on 5G which will activate all the graphene nanobots from the vaccines across the world. Then billions of people could be mind controlled into depositing on Betfair and putting their stakes into the markets for Gates and Hitler to switch on their CBB (crossover backing bots) which will hoover up all the liquidity leaving them with massive profits
Well it is safe to say with Global warming Hitler's Capsule will be bobbing around somewhere in the Southern Ocean with barnacles on his one nut ;)

I think the West need to hit Russia with endless Cyber Attacks, cripple the railways will slow them down getting supplies to their forces
andy28

napshnap wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:48 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:55 am
Biden was asked, will they go further that Ukraine, he said. "Yes."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYKH3UZNRk

- "How many russian banks your gonna ban while cowardly avoiding turning off SWIFT?
- "Yes."
Russia will buddy up with China so big deal to them
napshnap

andy28 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:54 am
napshnap wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:48 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:55 am
Biden was asked, will they go further that Ukraine, he said. "Yes."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYKH3UZNRk

- "How many russian banks your gonna ban while cowardly avoiding turning off SWIFT?
- "Yes."
Russia will buddy up with China so big deal to them
Press conf continuation:

- "How many asses do you hide in your pants?"
- "Yes."
Euler

How long before China decides to 'reclaim' some of its historic territories.
ShaunWhite

Ukrainian govt have now prohibited Ukrainian men from leaving the country and removed upper age limit on conscription. That could be us. Remember this is only just over 1000 mile away.
Archery1969

Why is pressure not put on Visa and MasterCard to decline all transactions on Russian issued Debit and Credit Cards world-wide.

I am sure Putin would get a phone call from Roman if/when he cant pay his Monte Carlo bar bill as his cards are all declined.
Kai

Anyone remember this scene from The Lord of the Rings?

napshnap

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:22 pm

)) Replace "have" with "sold" and you'll understand why Ukraine is losing now.
Also on the last picture Frodo should walk holding hand with some ... hunter with a big bag of cash in his other hand.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:22 pm

:lol:
Derek27

I don't have much time for Putin but I could watch the Russian Foreign Minster Spokesperson all day long. :D
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:48 am
Ukrainian govt have now prohibited Ukrainian men from leaving the country and removed upper age limit on conscription. That could be us. Remember this is only just over 1000 mile away.
There is an upper age limit, but it's 60! The Ukraine government has lost a bit of my sympathy, sending untrained and unfit people to their deaths in a futile attempt to buy a bit of time.
Derek27

Maria Zakharova went full tonto when a reporter mentioned the defence secretary's comments about Putin. :lol:
Kai

The cartoon is actually poking fun at the western powers, who did promise protection to Ukraine for giving up their nuclear arsenal. But President Zelenskyy probably wouldn't find it amusing under the current circumstances, even as a former comedian.

I'm not into geopolitics so this will be my first and last comment on this topic, but I'm very much into history and the braindead mainstream media is too annoying to listen to, behaving like they were born yesterday.

I really feel for Ukraine, like everyone obviously, although people are pinning the entirety of the blame on Putin since he fits the textbook villain archetype, but this awful situation was manufactured by NATO and their expansion eastwards, similar to how the British cooked up the whole mess in the Middle East before leaving. Superpowers yet again meddling into foreign affairs that they don't fully understand or care about, I just cannot agree with some of NATO's policies.

Can you really blame a cornered bear for attacking you? If you keep poking it and setting up camp right in front of its cave. The Chinese have said it best.

We're talking about an organization (NATO) that was specifically set up to oppose the threat of the Soviet Union and they're openly flirting with former USSR countries about NATO membership etc, it's a ridiculous and absurd notion as long as nuclear arsenals are still part of the conversation. If anything is likely to trigger another cold war, it's exactly that. Not to mention that the old promises that these NATO expansions would never happen have clearly been broken. Yep, politics and broken promises, I challenge anyone to name a better duo.

Meanwhile, idiotic journos keep asking about a SWIFT ban etc, which would be the financial equivalent of nuking Russia, it's like everyone is doing their best to pile on and start WW3.

Obviously nuclear powers cannot wage open war because apparently mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a thing, who would have thought, so they engage in proxy wars across the globe, but this calculated powerplay from Russia means another nuclear power cannot and will not get directly involved, Russia got directly involved out of desperation because they were losing this proxy war on their very doorstep. It's hardly about Russia restoring the USSR and invading further west nonsense, it's about sending a (brutal) message and putting a stop to the NATO expansion into Ukraine and the Baltic states etc, to at least maintain the status quo. In Russia, they see NATO as the aggressor here, and if you pull up a map of NATO expansion over the past few decades you might see their side of the argument.

Plainly put, after losing for so long Putin seems fed up and needs a "win" here from somewhere, otherwise they all risk escalating this further. But it was hardly a surprise invasion, 8 years of this war was enough time for NATO to change direction and calm the situation, even building up to the invasion they had so much time and warning to do something about it, but deliberately chose not to. Whatever blood is spilled here, it's on their hands as much as on Putin's.

Like I said, I really feel for Ukraine for finding themselves in this nightmare scenario, my own country was involved in open warfare not that long ago and I lost my father to it when I was 10, so I do feel for these countries for wanting to be progressive overall, but their location and recent history means they have to find a way of doing that without antagonizing their nuclear superpower neighbor to the point of invasion and turning into an actual threat to Russia. Them joining NATO would literally mean the start of another cold war era.
sniffer66

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:48 pm
The cartoon is actually poking fun at the western powers, who did promise protection to Ukraine for giving up their nuclear arsenal. But President Zelenskyy probably wouldn't find it amusing under the current circumstances, even as a former comedian.

I'm not into geopolitics so this will be my first and last comment on this topic, but I'm very much into history and the braindead mainstream media is too annoying to listen to, behaving like they were born yesterday.

I really feel for Ukraine, like everyone obviously, although people are pinning the entirety of the blame on Putin since he fits the textbook villain archetype, but this awful situation was manufactured by NATO and their expansion eastwards, similar to how the British cooked up the whole mess in the Middle East before leaving. Superpowers yet again meddling into foreign affairs that they don't fully understand or care about, I just cannot agree with some of NATO's policies.

Can you really blame a cornered bear for attacking you? If you keep poking it and setting up camp right in front of its cave. The Chinese have said it best.

We're talking about an organization (NATO) that was specifically set up to oppose the threat of the Soviet Union and they're openly flirting with former USSR countries about NATO membership etc, it's a ridiculous and absurd notion as long as nuclear arsenals are still part of the conversation. If anything is likely to trigger another cold war, it's exactly that. Not to mention that the old promises that these NATO expansions would never happen have clearly been broken. Yep, politics and broken promises, I challenge anyone to name a better duo.

Meanwhile, idiotic journos keep asking about a SWIFT ban etc, which would be the financial equivalent of nuking Russia, it's like everyone is doing their best to pile on and start WW3.

Obviously nuclear powers cannot wage open war because apparently mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a thing, who would have thought, so they engage in proxy wars across the globe, but this calculated powerplay from Russia means another nuclear power cannot and will not get directly involved, Russia got directly involved out of desperation because they were losing this proxy war on their very doorstep. It's hardly about Russia restoring the USSR and invading further west nonsense, it's about sending a (brutal) message and putting a stop to the NATO expansion into Ukraine and the Baltic states etc, to at least maintain the status quo. In Russia, they see NATO as the aggressor here, and if you pull up a map of NATO expansion over the past few decades you might see their side of the argument.

Plainly put, after losing for so long Putin seems fed up and needs a "win" here from somewhere, otherwise they all risk escalating this further. But it was hardly a surprise invasion, 8 years of this war was enough time for NATO to change direction and calm the situation, even building up to the invasion they had so much time and warning to do something about it, but deliberately chose not to. Whatever blood is spilled here, it's on their hands as much as on Putin's.

Like I said, I really feel for Ukraine for finding themselves in this nightmare scenario, my own country was involved in open warfare not that long ago and I lost my father to it when I was 10, so I do feel for these countries for wanting to be progressive overall, but their location and recent history means they have to find a way of doing that without antagonizing their nuclear superpower neighbor to the point of invasion and turning into an actual threat to Russia. Them joining NATO would literally mean the start of another cold war era.
Great post Kai.
I went off and did a lot of reading last night, to get a handle on the why's and wherefore's, and this ties in with a lot of the conclusions I've read.
Archery1969

How do they know that Ukraine gave up their entire Nuclear Arsenal, i bet this is one or two held somewhere. :o

Return to “Chill Out Area”