Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

We now know who we are dealing with.

Russian student jailed for pro-Ukraine wi-fi name

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68526111

Hey Vlad I'm in the UK and I think you are colossal king canute. Jail me! Oh, you can't can you?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:01 pm

Hey Vlad I'm in the UK and I think you are colossal king canute. Jail me! Oh, you can't can you?
Obviously doesn't deserve to go to prison for that, but you have to be pretty daft to do it. It's like having a large banner on your roof. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:40 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:01 pm

Obviously doesn't deserve to go to prison for that, but you have to be pretty daft to do it. It's like having a large banner on your roof. :lol:
Nope. Not daft. Brave. Clearly, right was on that person's side. It's Putin that is the warped inflience here. This and the murder of Navalny is showing more and more how corrupt Putin is.
Derek27

The Pope's calling on Ukraine to surrender. Okay, not his exact words but that's how it's being interpreted.

My advice to him would be to stop worrying about Ukraine and things outside of his jurisdiction and think about surrendering all the paedophile priests under him to the law enforcement agencies. :mrgreen:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:17 pm
The Pope's calling on Ukraine to surrender. Okay, not his exact words but that's how it's being interpreted.

My advice to him would be to stop worrying about Ukraine and things outside of his jurisdiction and think about surrendering all the paedophile priests under him to the law enforcement agencies. :mrgreen:
Hmm! There may be some logic there, but I'd need more to decide. You're dismissing the opinion of the leader of the Catholic church. Please explain!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Hmm! There may be some logic there, but I'd need more to decide. You're dismissing the opinion of the leader of the Catholic church. Please explain!
I'm the leader of the Derek27 club, but people are entitled to dismiss my opinions if they choose. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:18 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I'm the leader of the Derek27 club, but people are entitled to dismiss my opinions if they choose. :)
But you don't have a direct dial to God. Or do you?
Oh Jeez, I do apologize Your Holiness!! But nontheless paedophilia has been present since the year dot. It needs weeding out, but Catholicism is no worse than any other global organisation.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Oh Jeez, I do apologize Your Holiness!! But nontheless paedophilia has been present since the year dot. It needs weeding out, but Catholicism is no worse than any other global organisation.
The pope has no speed dial to God as God does not exist.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

The pope has no speed dial to God as God does not exist.
Ooh, bit controversial!! :-) Joking aside several people I loved/love dearly believed/ believe in God. That's OK with me. I wish I had that beiief.
I'm agnostic so I don't have that. C'est la vie.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I thought God is everywhere, so we all have a direct dial to him - he's supposed to be in the room, FFS.

I last worked for Norwich Union (now Aviva). I don't think you can seriously suggest paedophilia was just as rife in my old office as it is in the Catholic church. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:14 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I thought God is everywhere, so we all have a direct dial to him - he's supposed to be in the room, FFS.

I last worked for Norwich Union (now Aviva). I don't think you can seriously suggest paedophilia was just as rife in my old office as it is in the Catholic church. :lol:
Not enough kids and no iinfo about the employees lives outside the office. :-)

EDIT: Ah yes God is omniscient. I stand corrected.
Derek27

I remember installing Windows 98 and I did the thing that only crazy people do ... I read the End User Licence Agreement in full. I recall the OS was provided on condition that it's not sold or given to anyone living in a country that falls under the US embargo, such as North Korea.

Why don't we have a trade embargo on exported goods instead of selling cars, machinery and metals that can be used to make weapons to countries we know pass them on to Russia?
Archery1969

So, the EU and USA are sitting on $300 billion of seized Russian money and assets.

FML, just spend the lot on military aid and send it to Ukraine asap.

That would have Putin needing double extra nappies.

Not rocket science is it ?

😔
conduirez

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:51 pm
So, the EU and USA are sitting on $300 billion of seized Russian money and assets.

😔
You cannot touch that money, it has to stay frozen. Unless of course you want to send the world into the worst downward economic spiral you could imagine.

That money still belongs to Russia, break that trust in the western banking system and there would be huge problems with countries in the western world servicing their debts.
Archery1969

conduirez wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:35 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:51 pm

😔
You cannot touch that money, it has to stay frozen. Unless of course you want to send the world into the worst downward economic spiral you could imagine.

That money still belongs to Russia, break that trust in the western banking system and there would be huge problems with countries in the western world servicing their debts.
The EU are discussing it over the next few days. Check the news.

I don’t think anyone in the West cares what Putin and/or Russia says on the issue.

Return to “Chill Out Area”