Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
napshnap

Kai wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am
napshnap wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:54 am
Did you read this? viewtopic.php?p=339717#p339717
I'm sure that's a contributing factor as well

But it plays nicely into the Kremlin narrative doesn't it, "don't support Ukraine with weapons, they end up in the wrong hands"
What if they really do end up in the wrong hands? What all this crazy shit is all about then if it's not about not murdering civs?
You don't have to answer, this is a philosophical question.
Archery1969

More explosions in Southern Israel. Have they turned off their Iron Dome ?
Archery1969

Ukraine starts using their long rang missiles. These are being used to hit supply chains well beyond the front lines. 👍
Kai

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:17 pm
Ukraine starts using their long rang missiles. These are being used to hit supply chains well beyond the front lines. 👍
Have to admit that was a devastating first salvo of ATACMS, to lose so many helicopters like that is a massive blow :shock:

This Russian offensive at Avdiivka is mental as well, can't believe they still think they are capable of mounting a serious offensive. A catastrophic failure but they keep trying, don't see how they can even with a single battle with this military doctrine, let alone a war.

Battle of the Bulge immediately comes to mind, one last desperate offensive before the lines fall apart.
Archery1969

Kai wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:51 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:17 pm
Have to admit that was a devastating first salvo of ATACMS, to lose so many helicopters like that is a massive blow :shock:

This Russian offensive at Avdiivka is mental as well, can't believe they still think they are capable of mounting a serious offensive. A catastrophic failure but they keep trying, don't see how they can even with a single battle with this military doctrine, let alone a war.

Battle of the Bulge immediately comes to mind, one last desperate offensive before the lines fall apart.
Agreed. :)

Once supply chains are cut off then its only a matter of time before it goes pear shape. No food, drinking water, medical supplies and ammuntion. You may well see thousands of Russian troops just surrender or do a runner back home of elsewhere.

Ukraine has received 200 long range ATACMS with another 300 arriving over the next couple of weeks.

:)
Archery1969

Ukraine troops have crossed over onto the Russian-occupied left (eastern) bank of the Dnipro River.

:o

I imagine that will turn into a blood bath. :(
Derek27

The 7th of October Hamas attack on Israel was probably more devastating to Ukraine than any of Russia's attacks!
Derek27

Putin doesn't want to carry on as president of Russia. He had to be begged on live TV to stand again, before he reluctantly agreed. ;)
Emmson

I am disturbed at developments in Ukraine lately, the strategy of the western democracies now seems to be send enough military aid to stop UKRAINE losing but not one bullet more than that. And if Trump wins then expect the whole of Ukraine to be overrun in time.

Very Disturbing

also the news channels seem to have lost interest too

Equally Disturbing
Archery1969

Emmson wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:10 pm
I am disturbed at developments in Ukraine lately, the strategy of the western democracies now seems to be send enough military aid to stop UKRAINE losing but not one bullet more than that. And if Trump wins then expect the whole of Ukraine to be overrun in time.

Very Disturbing

also the news channels seem to have lost interest too

Equally Disturbing
The only way for Ukraine to survive is for NATO and the west todo the unthinkable and Nuke Russian assets at home and abroad.

I said it at the start of all this to take Putin out but most in here said I was mad.

Unfortunately, Ukraine will now lose. I hope everyone remembers what happens next when Russia moves forward to other areas in Europe.

NATO and the west are weak. Let them get on with it.
Archery1969

Basically, if I were the current UK government then I would declare that we are at war with Russia.

Then we would see if NATO and the west mean what they say or like the UN, full of shit talk with no backbone.
napshnap

Last edited by napshnap on Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Emmson wrote:
I am disturbed at developments in Ukraine lately
Russia has done well to slow things down to a crawl and to turn it into trench warfare, it's the one area where they have big advantage with endless waves of conscripts. They are fully prepared to find creative/illegal ways to force their own people and foreigners into service, it's the one area where Ukraine cannot match them.

At this point I think only complete air superiority can switch things up.
Archery1969

The US president needs to sign an executive order pushing threw funding for Ukraine before the new year otherwise Ukraine is doomed and probably other parts of Eastern Europe.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:11 pm
Emmson wrote:
I am disturbed at developments in Ukraine lately
Russia has done well to slow things down to a crawl and to turn it into trench warfare, it's the one area where they have big advantage with endless waves of conscripts. They are fully prepared to find creative/illegal ways to force their own people and foreigners into service, it's the one area where Ukraine cannot match them.

At this point I think only complete air superiority can switch things up.
My perception is that Putin has achieved his No.1 objective. securing Donbas and creating a land bridge to Crimea.
But he's still a nasty piece of work prepared to squander young lives when he could be a global statesman and create a coaltion within the non EU countries. But no, WW1 entrenchment is his strategy. Why can Russian's not see what a retarding influence he is. That attempted invasion of Kyiv says a lot for me. He knew it probably woudn't succeed but he put his people in that place like sitting ducks, a gamble with lives.

Return to “Chill Out Area”