Evening racing at Moonee valley

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

There is some evening racing this morning :lol: at this venue. A group race later in the morning UK time.
blueport

A great start to the summer night racing season last night.

There was some quality racing and the money matched was considerably higher than the corresponding meeting last year.

This was the first of 19 Moonee Valley night meetings this season.

It was also the first time a meeting from Canterbury in NSW has been run on the same night. Previously Canterbury had been run on Thursday night due to some primitive agreement giving NSW Harness racing exclusive rights to Friday night racing.
andyfuller

How did you find it trading wise Peter?
CaerMyrddin

Can't speak on Peter's behalf, but personally I find these meetings easy to trade. Give it a try on one of the mornings ;)
grigsy

CaerMyrddin wrote:Can't speak on Peter's behalf, but personally I find these meetings easy to trade. Give it a try on one of the mornings ;)
I think experienced UK traders would find the Oz markets a doddle. Liquidity was much higher than usual (around $500k each market, which is unheard of outside of Saturday or Melbourne Cup) which suggests a few were giving it a go. Canterbury was pretty active too.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

andyfuller wrote:How did you find it trading wise Peter?
Sorry, missed this. It worked OK though there are races I like and dislike. I didn't see if it was on again this Friday. I'm more using it as a practice territory for the Melbourne cup.
grigsy

Yes it was. Not as good a session this week as it was only supported by harness races, many of which had no in-play support.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The thing that attracted me last week was the group racing, but I think that may be the only group racing this season? Correct me if I am wrong.

Was up early yesterday and today to give the Randwick and Flemington meetings a go. As you are a local can you tell me why Flemington was racing on a Sunday when both were on the same day last year?
grigsy

Bet Angel wrote:Was up early yesterday and today to give the Randwick and Flemington meetings a go. As you are a local can you tell me why Flemington was racing on a Sunday when both were on the same day last year?
Flemington was booted because of the AFL Grand Final replay. It had been scheduled for Saturday originally.
Last edited by grigsy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
grigsy

Bet Angel wrote:The thing that attracted me last week was the group racing, but I think that may be the only group racing this season? Correct me if I am wrong.
I think you're right. Certainly this side of Christmas. Haven't been through the 2011 calendar though.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Some racing on this morning for those that are interested.
CaerMyrddin

Very easy to trade, cleaned a nice profit :)

There was a small 'mad bomber' that increased volatility a bit, but it turned out to be a good opportunity.
Euler

Back again this morning.
Euler

Ditto
CaerMyrddin

Sorry, googled it up, but couldn't find a sense for ditto?

Return to “Australian”