Trigger a Rule on same Selection in a Different Market (Template)

Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:36 pm
yes I have "A" set to bet a second time.A second rule to bet on a different selection and I have stored a value on this selection id the same as the first bet
So with the original (B) if you set that to trigger 2 times re-arming after 3 secs
and add a 'Number of place bets condition' on selection is equal to 0

Does that then place the second bet for you?
sloanie

Hi. I've just got around to testing this. I assume you mean "number of place bets triggered condition" as I don't see another option. Anyway this didn't work either. When I place one bet in "Market A" the second one "Market B" works fine and places the bet in the place market as desired. Its just when I add a second rule to "Market A" to place a second bet on a different selection the "Market B" doesn't respond. Just to add the two bets placed in "Market A" ie the win win market are placed fine with no problems
Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:38 pm
I assume you mean "number of place bets triggered condition" a
Yes, thats the one I meant

How have you got the (A) set up to bet a second time?
If using two rules is the second rule armed to trigger after the first (using an arm time at least 1 second longer than the re-arm time of (B)
Or if using the first rule to trigger make sure that is set to at least 1 second longer than the re-arm time of (B)

Also when applying the rules depending on how you have them set up and the arm times you may have to apply rule (B) first
sloanie

Hi. Thanks again. That worked. I just had to stagger the trigger arm times
Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:36 pm
Hi. Thanks again. That worked. I just had to stagger the trigger arm times

Its because the Selection ID is stored at the Event level, so sorting a second overwrites the first

So as long as the place bet has triggered on 1st selection, the 2nd win rule can then trigger then the 2nd place bet rule, then 3rd win bet and so on (just in case you or anyone else wants to bet on even more runners)
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
I am using these bots for 1st and second and it is working okay but I have a problem getting the "Display P&L's" bot to record the profit and loss if the runner only runs a place. If the runner wins I get both returns recorded but if it runs a place I get a zero return and if it doesn't run a place at all I get the loss on the win bet but a zero loss on the place bet.
I have attached the Display bot which is one of yours but with some mods I have made. It works perfectly on win only markets.
Can you help, I have tried a couple of different things without success.
Regards,
Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:31 am
Hi Dallas,
I am using these bots for 1st and second and it is working okay but I have a problem getting the "Display P&L's" bot to record the profit and loss if the runner only runs a place. If the runner wins I get both returns recorded but if it runs a place I get a zero return and if it doesn't run a place at all I get the loss on the win bet but a zero loss on the place bet.
I have attached the Display bot which is one of yours but with some mods I have made. It works perfectly on win only markets.
Can you help, I have tried a couple of different things without success.
Regards,
Anthony
Due to the way the P/L's are retrieved in Place markets it isn't possible to display them the, its only the win markets this can be done with
ajanthony

Okay, thanks.
No wonder I was having difficulty. :
Shaung89

Hey Dallas,

Been looking for exactly this bot recently however with a slight amendment. I've tried amending this myself however it's causing me headaches.

What i'm trying to get too is a point where I can lay certain horses:
- At SP (pre-determined runners)
- Bot1 = Win Market, Bot2 = Place Market
- Potentially with more than 1 selection p/race
- providing they're listed in the text condition (so I can put all my eligible selections in at once for the day)
- ranked 1, 2, or 3 by price (ideally by SP but appreciate it may need to be by price a few seconds before the scheduled off which could change).

I've tried storing custom ranks, tried just putting in conditions around the selections order of favouritism but I cannot seem to get the first bet to fire - let alone the second in the place market.

Appreciate if you could take a look...
1.Place Bet on Selection in Market (A) (1).baf
1.Trigger Bet on same Selection Market (B) (1).baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Shaung89 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:21 pm
Hey Dallas,

Been looking for exactly this bot recently however with a slight amendment. I've tried amending this myself however it's causing me headaches.

What i'm trying to get too is a point where I can lay certain horses:
- At SP (pre-determined runners)
- Bot1 = Win Market, Bot2 = Place Market
- Potentially with more than 1 selection p/race
- providing they're listed in the text condition (so I can put all my eligible selections in at once for the day)
- ranked 1, 2, or 3 by price (ideally by SP but appreciate it may need to be by price a few seconds before the scheduled off which could change).

I've tried storing custom ranks, tried just putting in conditions around the selections order of favouritism but I cannot seem to get the first bet to fire - let alone the second in the place market.

Appreciate if you could take a look...

1.Place Bet on Selection in Market (A) (1).baf
1.Trigger Bet on same Selection Market (B) (1).baf
If placing the bet before they go in-running then you won't be able to test the SP price, you'll need to use the current back price or projected SP

If you are using the current back price all you need is a 'Relative Odds Condition' to test
The selections back price
is less than
The nominated selection 'by position sorted in order of favouritism 4'
back price
minus 1 tick

(that condition will ensure it only triggers on the first 3 in the betting)
HarryB

Hi Dallas its been a while...

needed some help with a project im working on currently

I have been trying to work out how to enter 3 different markets on the same event with 1 click on bet angel. I was hoping to list 3 markets on guardian or another part of the software and then want to bet on all 3 at the same time for example match odds in football and over 2.5 and over 3.5 goals.

Is there a way to preset the selections, with the stakes I wanted, and then have a tab pop up that says confirm bets(like you get when betting a single selection when the confirm bet option is set on yes)? Alternatively, a separate window that displays a list of set options.

The important thing is that all bets must be placed asynchronously, not in chain order.

Thanks in advance any help much appreciated
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:47 pm
HarryB wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:28 pm
Hi dallas any chance you can PM me I have some automation work I need help with. Paid. Can't find the subject on the forum and have no idea how to get started myself

All the best
Unfortunately I don't have the time to build/edit bots on users behalf (paid or unpaid), i'm happy to try and steer you in the right direction and help with what you might need to do in order for it to perform a specfic task

But if you are needing someone to build the the whole thing for you then you'd best off posting a new topic in the automation area of what your looking for, i'm sure someone on here might be able to do something for you
Tuco

Hi Dallas - please could you confirm that the market (b) rule triggers as soon as the market (a) bet is fired into the market rather than when the market (a) bet lands in the market, ie after the in-play delay?

Also please could you confirm that you can only have 1 set of either back or lay options armed in markets but not both a set of back and lay options?

TIA Dallas :)
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am
Hi Dallas - please could you confirm that the market (b) rule triggers as soon as the market (a) bet is fired into the market rather than when the market (a) bet lands in the market, ie after the in-play delay?

Also please could you confirm that you can only have 1 set of either back or lay options armed in markets but not both a set of back and lay options?

Stored Values (and Signals) are set locally so don't need to wait for anything to be sent back from Betfair
Other rules using them as a condition will trigger as soon as the market is refreshed once they've been set

I'm not quite sure what you mean in your last line, can you clarify it a bit more or give an example?
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:15 pm
Tuco wrote:

Stored Values (and Signals) are set locally so don't need to wait for anything to be sent back from Betfair
Other rules using them as a condition will trigger as soon as the market is refreshed once they've been set

I'm not quite sure what you mean in your last line, can you clarify it a bit more or give an example?
...just that if you were following say a horse race with several markets and one of the leading horses fell, would you be able to use a set of LAY rules to lay the horse in market (A) and have that trigger LAYS in all market (B)'s...or if it were looking good for the win you'd be able to back it in market (A) and have that trigger backs in all linked market (B)'s.

At any given time in-play, you may want to either back or lay any selection in market (A) and have that automatically trigger the same back or lay bets across multiple markets on that selection in markets (B).
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:15 pm
Tuco wrote:

...just that if you were following say a horse race with several markets and one of the leading horses fell, would you be able to use a set of LAY rules to lay the horse in market (A) and have that trigger LAYS in all market (B)'s...or if it were looking good for the win you'd be able to back it in market (A) and have that trigger backs in all linked market (B)'s.

At any given time in-play, you may want to either back or lay any selection in market (A) and have that automatically trigger the same back or lay bets across multiple markets on that selection in markets (B).
Yes that can be done, and you aren't limited to one set of back or lay options, you just need to use a unique stored value name for each 'master' rule/bet, then use that as a condition of your 'slave' rule/bet

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”